Does he want me back?

So me and my ex broke up a month and a half ago. We broke up mutually**. I remember wanting to work things out again, but he just wanted to "be friends". Okay, I'm fine by that.

Well yesterday I asked him a question, because I still consider him a good friend of mine. Anyways, I ask him, and we end up chatting for a bit. He finally asks what I've been up to, I tell him I've just been focusing on school. I ask him the same question, his reply is "missing you."

We end up chatting a bit more, and he says that he misses us. I don't get it, how can he miss "us" when he's already talking to other girls. I reply saying that I miss us too, but I also tell him that I'm glad to see him happy. His reply to that was "Who says I'm happy?"

His and mine relationship is pretty strange ever since our break up. I'm slightly confused as you can tell. Some help, does he want me back or what?

11

What Guys Said 1

• As you said it has been confusing to you. It is probably the same to him. He probably has moments of needing you back, moments of needing that type of relationship back, and times when he is just focusing on his life after your relationship.

Like Hunnibunz94 bellow says the only way to get to the bottom of this is to talk to him. Go meet somewhere where you can focus on talking about where you are and get it figured out.

I tend to cut all ties when a relationship end. Friends and family say I am cold as ice as I don't interact with my exs at all. But I have fallen for someone so hard that I couldn't go 100% cold and ended up talking to her a bit. But we realized that the trust was gone so we eventually when to zero contact.

Then again I have known friends that break up and get back together, get married and are doing well so far.

What Girls Said 1

• We can't help hun, you need to ask him what he wants to do because we aren't inside his head. He is the one with the answers. He is either flirting with you pointlessly, messing with yor head, or he really means it. Tell him no bullsh*t, what are you feelin about us right now.