Does he want me back?

So me and my ex broke up a month and a half ago. We broke up mutually**. I remember wanting to work things out again, but he just wanted to "be friends". Okay, I'm fine by that.

Well yesterday I asked him a question, because I still consider him a good friend of mine. Anyways, I ask him, and we end up chatting for a bit. He finally asks what I've been up to, I tell him I've just been focusing on school. I ask him the same question, his reply is "missing you."

We end up chatting a bit more, and he says that he misses us. I don't get it, how can he miss "us" when he's already talking to other girls. I reply saying that I miss us too, but I also tell him that I'm glad to see him happy. His reply to that was "Who says I'm happy?"

His and mine relationship is pretty strange ever since our break up. I'm slightly confused as you can tell. Some help, does he want me back or what?
Does he want me back?
1
1