Do we simply MUST block our exes from social media in order to move on? Is it really necessary?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't even use social media (besides this)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Out of sight, out of mind! In order to get over an ex, heal from any heartache they may have caused, and move forward with your life in a healthy way, you cannot continue to invite and include them into your mental space and overall life. PERIOD. You must embrace their absence. Giving them the option to be present on social media where they can message you, like your pics, and infiltrate your thoughts would be cheating.

What Guys Said 3

• No not if truly you are sticking to purely friendship

• You don't have to have a messy breakup. =/

• If they're a negative influence, then yes.
    Goes for any relation really, friends and family alike.

What Girls Said 3

• No we don't, however if you like to internet stalk them then it would be smart, and same goes for if you don't think you could resist not texting them back. its all about self control, we immediately want to talk to them because they were once apart of our lives everyday and it's a drastic change to go from that to not talking to them at all.

• No I don't think it's necessary but then again I never had an ex.

• No it's not