Is there any chance of getting back together?

So my boyfriend and I broke up about a week ago. As soon as we broke up with me he started dating some one else. I begged and pleaded for him back for a while (which I know is a huge mistake) and now I've decided to do "no contact" for 3 months. The relationship was 7 months and I don't know if I should try to get him back or what. We broke up because it was long distance and he couldn't deal with it but there were also other problems. He seems really happy with his new girlfriend which I'm happy for him because I always wanted what's best for him but I don't know what to do from here. Should I contact him after three months even if he's with someone? Is there any chance after then EXCESSIVE begging and pleading I did?

51

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Stop begging and keep your dignity. HE isn't coming back and even if he did, he isn't worth it.

Most Helpful Girl

• To answer your question, no. I don't think that you guys will be getting back together soon.

You stated that he's already in a new relationship and he looks happy with the other girl. I just think that you should step back for a while. For YOUR piece of mind. If this was a dfferent case, and you just wanted to be friends, then yes, I'd think that you'd be able to handle talking to him. But at this point their is a broken heart involved. Which will make even more problems.

Another reason why there's a low chance that you guys will be getting back together soon is that you guys live long distance away from eachother and that you guys already had problems in the relationship. Was it trust issues or something? You have to consider if being in a relationship with these issues that you stated is healthy. You guys broke up for multiple reasons, and maybe the break up was meant to happen. Do you get what I'm trying saying? Well I hope I answered your question, and then some!! Good Luck, Sweetheart!😊❤️

• It was trust issues with him because he lied and contacted his ex while we were in the relationship which was something he had promised not to do serveral times. He will be able to see me more next year so maybe that would help the situation but who knows where we will be then

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• Similar happened with my ex. We were also in a LDR but we were together for 3 years. He dumped me just like that, using distance as excuse. I think I would've move on by now already if wasn't constantly contacting me after he dumped me. He asked me to watch a movie the very next day he dumped me! Then he would continue with small talks, sending me funny stuff from youtube and or telling about his day. He was trying to hard to just stay friends as we never were in a relationship. I was dumb to follow up hoping he's gonna change his mind, but nope. I did a terrible mistake by asking to get back together few months after. I couldn't understand why would he still want to be close to me if doesn't want to be in a relationship with me, so the only rational explanation was that he is having doubts and that all he needed was a little time. How dumb of me. He wasn't in doubt he was just using me for his own selfish reasons and disrespecting me. He didn't give a shit that I still have feelings for him. Eventually he disappeared when he found something else to occupy his time. I guess I learned on hard way and damn how I wish I did things differently. Should've blocked him or totally ignored him the moment after he dumped me. I don't want him back anymore, but I know how it is like to do. If you really want that I suggest disappearing and ignoring him. Give him a cold shoulder. He wanted life without you, now show him what is it like. But honestly, I envy you that he is not contacting you. At least he knows how to respect you. You will be just fine by keeping the distance.

• He actually does contact me. A lot. He said the same thing to me with "being friends" but I refused to sit on the side lines while he played the field. I'm the one who blocked him and I'm making him figure out life with out me

• I'm in a similar situation. We dated for a year and a half and we broke up two weeks ago. I didn't plead for him back but I did message him with no response. To be honest no contact is a good idea but not to get him back, to move on. I know it hurt especially since he is seeing someone else. But if he if he moved on so quickly you shouldn't waste your time. He doesn't sound serious. Same with my ex. He wasn't serious and it was bringing me down into a bad place. We are both bette off girl! To find our real men.

• hello nice one

• Hi dear i read your comment and i know how you feel now because i have passed through this same way with my husband and i was so depressed but am happy now we are back together today there are some advice i would have to give you to take and it will surely work out for you i want you to email me on my private email so we can talk better and tell you what to do. this is my email address mccartkatty@gmail. com i will be waiting for your mail ok

• I'm sorry but I think you have to move on. If he wanted to be with you he wouldn't be dating another woman. It would be best for you to get on with your life and forget about him.