My girlfriend treats me like crap, and then threatens to hurt herself when I get fed up and leave?

71

Most Helpful Girl

• what the actual f***? you should not let someone treat you like crap!!! she's really controlling with that blackmailing thing... i think you should leave

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, these are not good signs, these are signs of an unhealthy relationship. She also seems controlling. Have you tried talking to her about it?

What Girls Said 6

• I think if I were in your shoes, i would just leave. She wouldn't be your problem if you left and decided to do whatever with herself. But I think she only says that so you stay in the relationship, which then again is already bad enough.

• She's attempted it once...

• Should I just disappear?

• You can if you want. But do you think by doing that, feels right? like a gut feeling?

• Oh no! That's awful!😞

• Avoid it and move on.

• Do you love her? If you do, perhaps you should sit down and calmly talk to her. She clearly has a problem she cannot solve. Perhaps she cannot easily start a conversation and talk about it with you. Her behavior towards you could be her way to ask for help (I do not know what she does to threat you like crap... there is a boundary to that too). I know it does not make sense, but stress can make us do things we later on regret. I know you are not responsible for her happiness... but you should look at her with compassion. If you love her.
    If you do not love her... it should not be that hard to walk away, right?

• I don't love her, don't hate her either. And this has gone on so long that I feel more and more responsible even though I know I shouldn't. I justwant to leave, but I don't want her to hurt herself.

• I do not know if you should or you should not feel responsible... both parties involved in a relationships are usually responsible for the way the relationship goes.
      This is just speculation, as I do not know exactly what happened between the two of you, but you are probably giving her mixed signals. You stay, so she probably thinks you love her and she loves you back. But perhaps you do not show her love, and she feels it. These contrasting signals probably make her behave the way she does...
      By staying with her, even though you do not love her, you are lying to her. Just be honest. Talk to her openly and tell her you do not love her they way she does love you. Period. Tell her that you guys should walk separate ways. Better awaits for both of you. And that threatening to hurt herself is not a solution, you would leave anyway.

• Leave. And call the cops when she threatens to hurt herself.

• Wtf... leave her... she is not your liability... let her hurt herself... you are not to be slaved by people

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!