Trying to get over someone and I can't stop sleeping all the time and eating junk?

We never actually dated (might as well have) so it isn't a breakup but anyway, its over and I have to get over him.

I spent everyday with him for a couple months and he made me happy everyday and now that he's gone I don't have anything to make me that happy...
I don't even wanna get out of bed. I stay up all night sad and then I sleep all day and lay around and I eat too much junk food. I have friends but I don't want to see them. I am in between jobs. Haven't started the semester yet. If I could I would sleep 22 hours a day. I'm so so so depressed.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I can relate to how you are feeling! I have just recently faced the exact same situation. It is so painful losing someone you had contact with on a regular basis, it is like they took part of you with them. You wonder if they ever think of you , and if they miss you like you miss them, you wonder if you will see them or have contact with them again. The hurt makes you feel physically sick.

Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows. The more you think about him, the more pain you are putting yourself through. You need to motivate yourself to get out of bed and see your friends, no matter how hard that may be. Sometimes people never get over someone , you just some how learn to live without them.

The pain is still raw, but it will fade , but only if you allow it too. Don't lose yourself while holding onto someone who doesn't care about losing you. Trust me... holding on is so much more painful then letting go. You had no control over him walking out of your life, but you do have the control over whether you will allow his actions to cause you to suffer. Never waste your emotions or tars over someone who doesn't know the value of them. xx

• I actually somehow found the strength to walk away from him because he is an ass...

Thank you for what you said... it helps

• heart*

• Thank you for the MHO

I sincerely hope you are feeling a little better *many hugs to you* xx

What Guys Said 1

• Go see a professional

What Girls Said 2

• It's time to take the bullheaded bull by his horns here, dear, and Begin a New beguine by Focusing on You before it Escalates further, where You Get in a deeper Routine Rut and Never do anything with your own life of strife.
    You know that he is gone, that now he is not worth your time of day and night, so knowing that you are even where the Semester has not started just yet, Find a job, keep yourself Busy Looking and lurking so this can take your mind off of the Past tha tis not even a Blast at this given moment.
    You need to pick yourself and the pieces of your life. The chips are down but it is up to you to scoop them up and put You Back together. With school to start soon, you will be meeting many more fish in the sea. This duck is gone now and the relationship, even if just a 'We never actually dated,' is dead in the water, but this doesn't mean You have to Go down with the ship that has sailed.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you

• You are so welcome.. I know how easy it is to get in this rut but it is Mind over matter, sweetie, and a New Outlook will help bring on anew day in a new way.. I am rooting for you.:)) xxoo

• All of these emotions of hurt, pain, sorrow and anger will pass.

You just have to allow yourself to go through these emotions.

Some days will be better than some.
    I just encourage you, to get up and get out there.
    When you find yourself pulling back and giving in to your "new comfort zone" push yourself to go out and see friends.
    That will help aide you in the process of getting better.
    If you allow yourself to be trapped inside of your emotions, it will take you longer to get over your ex.

*Hugs* <3
    You will grow stronger with time.