I just deleted my ex from all social media. I guess I need some encouragement?

I never really had balls to do this and I thought I never will, but I just did! I did it because I noticed that I pay too much attention on if he is online or not. I just felt it's a right thing to do, even though we didn't end on bad terms or got in a fight, our last conversation was pretty calm and nice. He was the one to end the relationship and I guess I gave him a benefit of a doubt to contact me if he changed his mind (by being available) and since he didn't contact me after a month I figured it's as clear as day and I need to move on. I have a pretty nice and busy life and I know I will be alright. My day is overall good, until I come home and turn my PC on. That's when I start thinking about him and checking if he is online and what's new with him. And then I get depressed and angry, and my good day turns into a bad day. He will probably notice eventually and will wonder why I did it, might as well get upset or whatever, but I don't really care. I figured if he really wanted to contact me he will find a way. Part me of also did it in a slight hope that it will shake him up a bit. I kind of want him to know that I'm mad for everything that he did and did not do (he promised he won't disappear and that he wants to stay friends, but he totally did since he wasn't writing me and wasn't even showing up online that often). To be honest I don't want to be friends with him. I feel good and bad right now in the same moment. Good because I know it's the right thing to do and that it will help me get over him faster, and bad because I won't have that "guilty pleasure" routine in my day by checking up on him. It was a torture that felt good in a weird way, don't really know how to describe it. Well, anyways, what's done it's done. I feel relieved now but I know I will probably question my decision tomorrow (like f. e. maybe I shouldn't have done it maybe I should've been more patiant and give it more time, maybe he gets mad when he notices it and decides not to contact me because he's stubborn, etc.) but I guess having these doubts is normal and I will soon be better, right? Any stories of how you handled the "missing void" when you deleted your ex?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• First move to remove him from your life move and and be happy. Well done you :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's normal to have these doubts when you break-up with someone because you start blaming yourself, you start wondering if it was something you did or something you could of done... because your feelings are blind sighting you from the truth that it just wasn't meant to be, it's definitely hard to move on from someone you really liked but eventually it will be like you never dated, , love is just a feeling anyway, it drifts away eventually and you stop liking that person then you wonder why you liked them in the first place lol, so you will be just fine i promise :), you were strong and you did the right thing, i doubt he will contact you again and if he ever does in future (which isn't very likely), then his loss... he's the one that broke up with you, never let anyone have that power over you.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• I got broken up with via text after 8 years 2 months ago and deleting him off all social network platforms was the best choice I ever made! I did the same for a week after our break up:
    "He's online! Wonder who he is talking to? Will he talk to me?"
    I had to delete him. Now I don't think of him at all. Safe to say I'm a lot happier now I don't find myself checking his status 12 million times a day!!
    Keep your head up!!

• It's always hard to do that. But you did the right thing. The doubt will soon go away and you'll be glad about your decision. ;)

• You are deff doing the right thing, fuck em