What does this silence mean?

I know the best way to figure this out is to ask him. But I want to know your opinions.

My boyfriend and I broke up six months ago.
I was the one who actually ended it but only because I felt like he was distancing himself and wanted to end it himself.
He said we could still be friends.
Neither one of us has texted, called, emailed... anything... in six months.
I've heard of no-contact and stuff like that. But isn't that only supposed to be for sixty days or a few months or whatever that stupid rule is?
I know of ex gfs who have texted 94 times in a matter of weeks, and since I'm not crazy like that, the only thing I've done to get in touch with him was to go see one of his shows. He seemed ok that I was there... I didn't stay afterward, just told him good job and left.
The only reason I haven't reached out since is because he hasn't. Do I have to let go of any hope to be in his life? Either as friends, or maybe even getting back together?

I'm so confused. But mostly I just miss him like crazy and am miserable.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd just leave it be. If he wants to be friends he'll message you
    You did break up, but really if you want to talk to him just do it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Hi dear i read your comment and i know how you feel now because i have passed through this same way with my boyfriend and i was so depressed but am happy now we are back together today there are some advice i would have to give you to take and it will surely work out for you i want you to email me on my private email so we can talk better and tell you what to do. this is my email address mccartkatty@gmail. com i will be waiting for your mail ok you just take more step and be happy back with him

• you really should talk to him.