I seriously need help!!! Can you please read this and give me some encouragement?

At this time last year I was a senior in high school. We were about three weeks into the semester, and my friends hooked me up with the only girl I have ever had a crush on. She was one year younger than me. I can't explain how happy I was. It was amazing. We had talked for a couple of weeks, and she invited me to go to her grandparents house with her one Saturday. While we were there, she asked me if she could be my first kiss. Without a doubt I said yes. She came over to my house a few times over the time we were talking, and we kissed many more times. One Sunday about 7 weeks after we had started talking she told me that she didn't want to be in any relationship anytime soon, because she had a dream about her ex boyfriend the night before. As much as it hurt, I was understanding.
A few weeks after all of that happened. She started talking to another guy. She has been with 3 different guys since me, and here I am a year later still broken. Everyone just tells me to "get over it" or "just find someone else", but I can't. And I really mean I can't. I can't find any girls that I find attractive anymore. And I just find myself missing her more and more every day. Especially if I see her somewhere. People say time heals everything, but a year after the fact should be plenty of time. I haven't been the same since all of this. Please give me some advice or feedback. I truly need it.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Time does heal all wounds, you just don't get to dictate how much time it takes. My last break-up took me 5 1/2 years before I stopped thinking I would never want to date again. And the advice to just be good to yourself - take care of your health, get enough sleep, do things you used to enjoy even though they seem more bland now - this really is the best thing you can do for yourself while you're healing. The fact that she got over you so much faster doesn't really mean she didn't care about you, by the way, it just means she grieves differently.

Most Helpful Guy

• The worst part of it is that what people say is true. Time takes care of it. The problem is that time isn't exact. It can take more than a year, maybe more than 2... (belive me, with me it took a long time once), but with the time things will get better, even though today it doesn't seem that they will.

What Girls Said 4

• Alright, I understand. It hurts. Just keep your mind open because to me it kind of seems like you don't want to let her go. You can't still hold on to her if you want to move on.

• Try to take your mind off of things. I know it seems impossible now, but just have fun. If you like any sports, then play it. If you like to paint, then do it. Just do anything without hesitation (within a limit of course; no murders haha). Maybe just try to hang out with your friends more often. Don't talk as much about your past relationship because it'l just bring you down.

• Hi i read your post and i understand what you going through because i have passed through the same problem with my boyfriendnbut am happy today we are back together i know that you really love her and have taken it so deep and this have make it so difficult for you to let it go just like that you can make her come back to you. i want you to email me on my private email so i can give you tips on what to do and it will really help you a lot this is my email mccartkatty@gmail. com i will be waiting for your mail

• Just talk to her and tell her about ur feelings it's the best thing to do

• You never know she could've had feelings for you too but u never told her about urs just talk to her

What Guys Said 1

• Did you guys date or anything.. she seems like she player