What should I do about this friend that I REALLY like?

Well, I have fallen head over heels for this friend and I can't stop thinking about her. We are pretty close and it's killing me not being able to tell her. What's stopping me?

About 3 years ago is when I met her. We were just friends and I hadn't felt about her that way just yet. Along with others, we would hang out became part of our own 'group' in school. People started to tease us about being a couple and both of us would get annoyed. They would say how perfect for each other, we are and how we would make a cute couple. It was one of those playground stuff. Both of us were annoyed. Then she started this long term relationship with this other guy. They have an on-off relationship for two years. Their first break-up, that's when it happened. I was there for her and I comforted her. That's when I first felt attracted to her and thought I would ask her out. But she got back together and that left me feeling weird. I decided not to do anything. She breaks-up with him 3 more times and every time I would try and help her. I even tried to save their relationship at times (I am so stupid!) Every time I try to bring myself to ask her out, she would... well, you know.

Anyways, now those two are completely off and she hates men, she hates love and she hates the TV show 'Scrubs' (sorry, just felt like adding that). I had this talk with my other friends and to my shock, they all knew that I like her. I had told no one but apparently 'it is soooo obvious'. They are always encouraging me to do something about it, and fast. But, I just don't know what to do. I've been waiting so very long and my feelings for her only gets stronger by the day. I tried to 'brush it off' but well... here I am, asking for advice on the internet. I am clueless.

It would be great to hear advice and I thank you in advance.

Okay, I managed to confess my feelings. She said that she understands and that we should stay as we are. And there has been no awkward moments even when we're alone. I guess that's a good thing. I really wanna be with her but I guess I can't force it.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• wow ,that must really be hard for you . the best thing to do is to tell her how you feel . find a day wen she is not stressed or really in a good mood ...tell her that you want to talk about sth very important...then let the cat out of the bag . at first she may act weird but as time goes by she may put ur feelings into consideration. and since you guys are very close there is a high chance that she also likes you. the truth always sets you free ...give it a try.

good luck.

What Girls Said 3

• If you two really are good friends, you shouldn't just keep this secret from her. You should tell her, but only if you 100% serious about wanting a relationship with her because after going through a bad relationship she doesn't need another bad relationship that can also result in losing a friend.

Find a time when the two of you are happy and having fun together. Give her a compliment or two about something you like about her. Then, work your way into telling her other things you like building yourself up for telling her you like her enough to try for a relationship. Tell her how long you've had these feelings for her, and why. Girls love that.

The only way you can know how she feels is if you just go for. If you don't you'll just be left to being curious and that's no fun.

Hope I helped (: Good luck.

• There's nothing that will effective except talking to her! She needs to know how your feeling because she could be clueless! Although you might want to be careful and wait, because right now she could be looking for a rebound considering her break-up. I went through a stage like this after a relationship similar to hers. You want to let her know how you feel, but wait until she feels a little better before you tell her how you feel. Hope this helps!

• Read this an thought awww, seriously if you really like her go and ask her, very similar situation to one I had. Be honest with yourself, show her your better than that other jerk. Good Luck :)

What Guys Said 2

• I can tell right away your inexperience shows greatly not just by your age, but by not telling her no matter what how you feel about her. You have to step up to the plate, and tell her how you feel before it's too late man. You don't want a totally brand new person to come by her life and steal her away from you. Look right now it's not even about her telling a BIG YES OR A BIR NO, right now its about you telling her how you feel about her, before its way too late man. I know your young and your being tested in life right now, but listen not to your mind but to your heart, and go and talk to her as friends and once and for all tell her how you feel about her. You will feel so much better when you get this POWERFUL LIKE, you have been feeling for her from inside of you. You have the advice, but when it's all said and done, it's all up to you, stand strong my friend, and go get that girl. Nevertheless, good luck with everything man, take care.

• Well, if she's hating men then it probably wouldn't be a good idea to just go right out and say it. I know what you feel like, I went through a similar situation last month, but she didn't hate men. It'd be best to be very friendly and if she's not acting like she hates men and doesn't want a boyfriend, go ahead and ask her out. Don't wait too long or you'll end up like me and lose her to another guy. If you think it's hard not being able to tell her you like her, imagine her knowing and feeling like you do about her, but she's feeling that way about another guy. Not fun.