so over the summer at college I met this boy. we saw each other everyday and always talked and were friends. we were good friends for 5ish months. Then he told me he liked me and it lasted a month but it was hard because of some stuff going on in his life/distance. He broke up with me about 2 months ago. He told me that there were many things going on in his life and that there were MANY reasons for the breakup one of the main ones being drugs (he had relapsed 1 weeks ago before breaking up) but I asked him if he wanted to remain friends and he hesitated for a moment but then agreed and said that it would suck to loose a good friend. A week ago, I messaged him telling him that I wanna see him this holiday and for him to let me know when he is free so we can chill (we talked prior to this and all was fine). Anyway, he responded by saying: I'm free the 22nd and 27th but on schedual seems pretty botched right now though. we'll stay in touch. I responded to his comment by saying: both days work for me! preferably the 22nd maybe? He never did respond to what I wrote to him and I know that he received this message. Also, the 22nd and the 27th have passed and NO RESPONSE...my questions for you guys:
1. would a guy give specific days he's free if he does not want to see me?
2. would he respond the way that he did if he does not want to see me? does he not wanna see me EVER again I'm so confused by all this?
3. what next steps do I take? do I CALL him or msg him or forget about it for now and just talk to him in the SUMMER or w/e
4. Do you guys think he did this cause he hates me or wants me to hate him?
**I'm just so confused about all of this. I REALLY care for this guy even as a friend and do not want to lose the friendship I had with him because he was a cool/interesting guy. I'm also concerned for him but I KNOW that it's not my job to be overly concerned...HELP and thanks for reading:)
Most Helpful Guy
1. the whole message he sent you made it seem like it was a maybe to a probably not especially because he hesitated and than said yes to being friends..sounds like he just wanted to be nice
2. that would be a way to not see you, say maybe than never follow up. my friends do that all the time so its expected when they say maybe. it depends, I'm sure he knows he will come in contact with you again but I'm sure he just didn't want to see you on those dates or over break.
3. if you upset you should call him out on it. and leave him with an opportunity to say sorry but let him know that if he didn't want to be friends he could have just said so.
4. if he hated you he would have told you straight out, I usually do. so I'm sure its not hate he's feeling
he may have felt pressured into the friendship and really didn't want to stay in contact with you. a lot of times in relationships people don't feel the same way as the other person does and it hurts but you gotta face it head on, don't be afraid to message him or call him but don't act the worried girlfriend part, last thing he probably wants is someone acting like his mom0