What does a girl that's been cheated on go through?

I know that may sound obvious, but it's hard for guys to fully understand since we can only see on a superficial level and essentially guess.

Please share your experiences

Have any of you gone back to him after?

60

Most Helpful Girl

• What does it feel like... Imagine loving someone with you heart and soul. That person is an extension of you in every way and your life is so complete, happy and fulfilled. Then, one day you feel like sharp pain in your chest. The pain doesn't subside, it gets worse, it's like a knife turning over, and over and over in your chest. Your body feels numb, you cannot eat, sleep or think. Tears stream down your face uncontrollably and they don't stop. You try to feel but you can't. You have lost a sense of yourself, your emotions and a world you once knew. Once these feelings subside in perhaps a month, Deep anger settles in and your whole body is hot. You feel your heart beating VERY hard in your chest. Constant images of your ex and that person flash in your head. You keep hearing in your head, "Why? Why? Why? Where did I go wrong? What didn't I give him? What does she have that I don't? Why didn't he tell me he wasn't happy? Is she prettier than me? Is she better in bed? Is she skinny?" Meanwhile, any pictures you see of him make you even angrier and they get thrown away. You don't want to go out or talk to anyone. Your solace is your bed, a dark room and a cross begging God to take away the pain afflicted upon your heart.

• No, I didn't go back to him, he destroyed my heart, my love for him and the relationship. He never even apologized for cheating on me, it was always about him. It took me well over a year to heal, get over him and begin to date again.

What Girls Said 5

• I am thinking the same feelings you would have. When my Boyfriend cheated on me I didn't know why...I was good to him we had fun together...so the thing that was going through my mind was "what did I do wrong". I realized it wasn't me. He felt he was missing out on something and I was apparently old news. I felt betrayed and my trust has been affected because of it. My self esteem was in the gutter for a while until I figured it out (with help from my friends), but the knife in the heart remains. A person should let the other one know if they want to date other people...it is just not nice to lead someone on, especially if you are in a relationship.

• It feels like someone just blew a huge hole through your chest, and it hurts so much that it makes it difficult to breathe. It feels like your world just shattered right before you, and like you have nothing left, and all you want to do is cry uncontrollably. Everything starts to go blank, and then a flurry of thoughts and emotions just hits you all at once, mostly sadness, anger, confusion, doubt, anxiety, and shock. You then start to wonder what you did wrong or what you did to deserve such betrayal, and somehow you wind up convincing yourself that you aren't good enough and are something that can be easily disposed of. Once you get past most of this, everything seems to piece and mend itself back together again slowly, and you gradually start to pick yourself back up again and try your best to move on, though if you come across something that reminds you of that one person, or if they somehow enter your mind, you can feel a slight aching inside of your chest.

• Well, it's only been about a couple of weeks since me and him broke up, but I don't think I could bring myself to go back to him. I felt so betrayed and stupid when I found out what he did. He said he wouldn't hurt me and that he was falling in love with me, but it all turned out to be a lie, and I can't believe I fell for what he said. Anyways, I've already moved on to someone else. :P

• it hurts really f***ing bad when someone that you love more than anything you can even imagine cheats on you and you spend all your time with them. you do nothing but think about them. and I wondered to myself when he cheated on me if there was something wrong with me that he would do this to me? I really loved him and if he loved me as much as he said he did he wouldn't have done that to me. it took me half a year to get over him. I still think about him every once and a while and wonder what it would be like if he would have never cheated on me but I'm with a better guy now and I know he wouldn't do that to me. we are doing really good :) and I love him. but yeah my heart felt like it went through a f***ing meat grinder when I broke up with him for cheating on me.. oh and he almost beat me in the wal mart parking lot did I mention... but I really wanted to go back to him even after he cheated on me but I didn't cause I knew I would be going through the same bullsh*t.

• when a girl has been cheated on by the person she loves its like being tared up inside your heart breaks and cry for weeks its really fard for a girl to get over a guy.

• You feel like they tore a huge hole in your chest and ripped out your insides and the hole aches, you feel like you need to cluth your chest all the time to stop it from falling apart. You can't sleep sometimes you won't eat and you feel helpless. The embrassment of being cheated on just makes it even worse.

• I haven't, but I know a friend who was cheated on twice and got back with him a few times only to keep getting hurt.

What Guys Said 0