How to end it with a clingy guy?

Okay so I started talking to this guy and at first I was cool with it. He was a very attatchable person and he became very clingy. Like he picked up pet names extremely fast and wanted to text me every living momement and for me to meet his parents (like two weeks into it). So I started appearing dissinterested in him trying to get out of it, but he confronted me on it after awhile and when we were talking I forgot why I didn't want to talk to him anymore and I ended up telling him we could continue. I know it's bad to lead him on, but I feel like I just missed my only shot to end it a better way. Is there any suggestions how I could make him less interested I dont want to just repeat what I did last time and just slowly back off? I am going to tell him Id just rather him see why we aren't gonna work when I do. That might not make any sense but any advice would be appreciated please. Thanks

811

Most Helpful Guy

• You did not miss your shot. Don't be that girl, seriously just don't. If you do not want to continue with this relationship then woman up, be straight, and end it.

• I said I was going to end it it's just last time he started crying and Id rather not have him cry... maybe Im wrong for that but it makes me hella uncomfortable

• That is what I meant, you were ready to pull the trigger but then you didn't. Just pull the trigger, if he cries then he cries, that is life. He will get hurt and he will get over it. You have to look out for yourself more than him, your duty is to yourself, not him. When you two are married then your duty is to him and yourself, but that is not the case.

Most Helpful Girl

• First you need to makeup your mind and decide if this is worth trying to work out with him or not.

If you still want to date him but his attachment is off putting, then you need to have a very frank discussion with him about how you do still like him but you need space and not rush things.

And again if you decide you don't want to bewith him, be open and TELL HIM. Don't play games and try and get him 'less interested' just tell it to him straight - you don't like him as much as he likes you and you don't want to pursue a relationship anymore. Don't offer to keep in touch and be friends because I guarantee he will still think he has a shot with you and will keep asking for second chances.

What Guys Said 10

• Try be extra clingy to him lol it worked for me once but naww in all seriousness build up your courage and tell him it's over don't beat around the bush

• He doesn't -- and won't -- see things the way you do. I'm afraid you'll have to be direct with him. For example: "I'm just not interested in you that way."

• you just need to tell him its over and you do not see the relationship going further. trying to ignore him/seem disinterested does not really work

• Honestly you would be doing him a favor if you emailed him your gag question.. Along with all of our comments.. Maybe it would keep the next girl from dumping him.. Because of that anyway.. Guh cryings a tad cringe

• fight fire with fire. show him absurd stage 5 clinging and tell him he can get it if he can figure out how to back off... reward good behavior, ignore/punish bad behavior. keep it simple. =)

• Tell him you want to end it, clear ans simple.

• go girl, fuck that hot guy.

• You tell him he is clingy and end it lol

• My advice is to just disappear

• You don't need a "shot" to end it. The sooner you'll end it the better it will be, for the both of you. However, if you make him wait longer, he will be even more attached and it will be harder for him to move on. Your description of him really reminds me of the one I once was with my ex girlfriend. Trust me, you don't want to make him wait longer.

What is your relation with him by the way?

What Girls Said 7

• Be direct. Explain that you are ending your relationship, and that there is no room for negotiation. Tell your boyfriend that you will no longer see him, and clarify that you will not also not pursue a friendship with him.

Do not try to spare his feelings by telling him that you still like him but that a relationship is not right for you. Hearing the truth will make him feel better in the long run, even if it is difficult at first.

Good luck.

• I had a clingy boyfriend and they just get more clingy if you try and push them away slowly. The best way is to be direct and tell him straight up that you can't date him anymore.

Yes, it's awkward and isn't nice but it has to be done unfortunately.
    Best of luck.

• I have been married for 7 months, i was 5 months pregnant, i love my husband so much, but he treated me so badly we fought because i have found numerous other emails, and texts on his phone from other women, i became so tired of of his womanizing behavior, worrying all the time, and i was always scared when i am not with him. one night he came back drunk, he also came with the another lady, when i i tried to confront him, he immediately started hitting me and he pushed me out the house and ask me to leave, i was lost and confused, i was stranded that i have to find a help from anywhere then i came across a spell caster Great zula who lives in (UNITED STATE) who had saved many marriage so as i emailed ZULA and he told me what is needed and after 3 days, he restored my marriage, i and my husband came back together as a married couple again, i am so so so so happy, my marriage was saved by greatzula@yahoo. com

• World would be a better place without people like you.

• just be honest and tell him you want to stop. clingy people can be offended easy.

• Tell him you no longer interested in him and have found someone else

• Tell him to stop and that you're not interested