Ashley Madison. Do you know a user? Were you a user?

In case you've been out of the loop, Ashley Madison was a website used by people looking to have extramarital affairs. It sounds like, out of the +30 million users on that site, only about twelve thousand were actually female. The rest of the 5.5 million registered "women" were fake profiles, generated by bots.

https://dailym.ai/1KRBIwy

• I used this site before the data breach
  • I never used this site, but I know someone who did
  • Neither I nor anybody I know used this site
    Vote C

57

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never even visited the website so obviously was not a member. I don't know anyone who was either, or who at least admitted to it 😁

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, and nope. I have no sympathy for those who were exposed using the site though.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know anyone to have used the site, nor have I used it myself.

• Just read today in the independent that 95% of the female profiles were fake. Out of 37m subscribers only 12k were real girls looking for a fling (world wide). Did make me laugh, think of all those men chatting up a computer.

• Never even heard of it until the breach.

• I voted C. I want this website to shut down lol

What Guys Said 6

• I've never used it and don't know anyone who has but obviously someone I know could've used it without my knowledge

• This hack is good. That's what they get for cheating.

• I don't know of anyone who uses it. And no. I wasn't a user, and never will be. I'm not into adultery.

• They might have been fake users, but it's not known for sure because plenty of women (especially in Canada) have gone on record saying they used that site. In fact 1 in 5 women in Canada were registered users of that site.

• Wow, really? Lol I never heard that before. But considering that there are less people living in all of Canada than in the state of California alone, 1 in 5 women is not a lot.

• Watch John Oliver's report on Ashley Madison, their main office is in Canada.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzeWC3bdryo

• Oh I knew they were Canadian which is so embarrassing. I don't want to be roped in with those lowlifes!

So is it 1 in 5 for the whole country or just Ottawa? Where did that number come from? I'm thinking maybe just Ottawa since there's nothing else to do there, lol.

I heard that a good number of the global female profiles on there were fake/catfish though, but I can't find any proof of that.

• People who use that are probably lames and weasels.

• Would a REAL user ACTUALLY admit to using it?