How did you get over your first relationship?

It's been a long long time since i've talked to her, she is in a relationship with someone else but i can't help but feel a connection still holding me to her. I've tried many tactics to try falling out of love and ignoring the thoughts of her but they do not seem to fade at all. I have constant thought of her and if she's doing okay, i'm not trying to win her back but i always think of everything we've been through and what could have been. i've dated a few others after her and there are several girls i can date at hand but they don't really fulfill me like she quite did. it wasn't just her being my girlfriend but her being my best friend, we told each other every detail of our life as much as we could. I try to pry the thoughts of her from my head but to no avail, even thinking explicitly of her makes me emotional and overwhelms me with exilerating feeling. I deleted all her photos and we've blocked each other on social sights but i still can't help but miss her. I need help urgently to help dispand these thoughts and purge these feelings for her from my body, i can't bare it any longer. it's affecting my studies, and my life all around. I can't help but feel lost like i am unsure of what moves to make next in life without her. Feeling bound to another yet being unable to have them is torturing and a pain i hope none should have to live. I struggle with forgiving her mistakes even though i want to as well. it feels like we're fated but i feel a fool i have become because of my weak will to let go. Someone assist me please?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Select a few close friends whom you can talk to about your feelings about your ex and the breakup. Make sure you do not talk about it to mutual friends that are closer to your ex than they are to you.

Throughout this whole process, cry, whenever you want to. Crying is not being weak, it’s just letting out your emotions, and sometimes you will need to do this.

From now on, From now on, every day tell yourself that there are other people that care about you, because there are. Remember that it is inevitable that everyone will get their heart broken for the first time. Everyone has to go through this at some point or other. Tell yourself this every day.

Good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• It wasn't hard I mean we both loved each other but it was a friendly type of brother/sister love not romantic in the end we both mutually ended it.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• 10 years and still going I wish you the best on doing way better then that

• you've been in love for 10 years and haven't fallen out of love for your past lover?

• Its a choice