I broke the no contact rule and I feel terrible?

My boyfriend became super distant these past few months. A month ago he went out of state for some work. when he came back he made no attempt to meet me. I was hurt but i was still patient thinking he must be stressed about work. After a week, i asked him if he could come meet me to which he replied he had plans with his friends. I couldnt take it any longer and lashed out at him after which i got upset and apologized. He didn't say anything. The silent treatment has happened thrice before. The first time he had apologized and i took him back. tHe other two times, i was the one asking him back. Well this time after getting cold treatment from him i went into NC. today is the 10th day and i missed him so bad. I gave him a call and he didn't answer. So i texted him that i was tired of this and if he wanted a break he should man up and say to which he replied he was at a meeting and that he'd call me later. As you can guess he didn't. I really dont know what to do. I feel so stupid for contacting him.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• "My boyfriend became super distant these past few months. A month ago he went out of state for some work. when he came back he made no attempt to meet me. "

^did sth happened there and he didn't wanna see u? there must be a reason for it of course...

"After a week, i asked him if he could come meet me to which he replied he had plans with his friends. I couldnt take it any longer and lashed out at him after which i got upset and apologized. He didn't say anything. "

^i see... sounds like he doesn't consider u first priority much... and after lashin out at him i guess he felt bad (or angry) and he went silent as it seems...

"The silent treatment has happened thrice before. The first time he had apologized and i took him back. tHe other two times, i was the one asking him back. Well this time after getting cold treatment from him i went into NC. today is the 10th day and i missed him so bad. I gave him a call and he didn't answer. "

^so it seems like he's still mad at u i believe... anyway... just leave it and don't initiate anymore... let him do... although i believe u shouldstart considerin movin on... seems like he's not da best kind of guy unfortunately if this happened trice... :/

"So i texted him that i was tired of this and if he wanted a break he should man up and say to which he replied he was at a meeting and that he'd call me later. As you can guess he didn't. I really dont know what to do. I feel so stupid for contacting him."

^don't feel stupid... u just miss him... yet i believe u have no right to be treated so badly and that's y i believe u should start thinkin about movin on... :)

• thanks. Yea i guess i felt worse cuz i didn't get the response i wanted when i contacted him. I'm back to square one now and i finally realized there's nothing left for us. I deleted his number and i do feel good about it.

• u r welcome :)

"I'm back to square one now and i finally realized there's nothing left for us. I deleted his number and i do feel good about it."

^very good... hope u won't think about try to reach him again... :)

Most Helpful Girl

• How about break up? Clearly not worth being with someone who doesn't even want to work any issues out.

What Guys Said 2

• You're selling yourself short. You feel bad/guilty because his actions are making you feel that way and not because you're doing something wrong. Look, I'm all about personal accountability and taking responsibility for your own feelings and actions, but at some point you have to realize that other people impact those things in a big way.

Sounds to me like you two aren't that compatible and it's making you miserable. My advice is that you should walk. Go find a guy that wants to spend time with you and doesn't make you feel miserable for just wanting to talk to him.

I would NEVER treat a women like that if I loved and respected her.

• This has gone on for MONTHS? Forget this guy and move on. Don't torture yourself in this relationship any longer. It's healthier to zip the band-aid off quickly rather than gently. . . . and don't go picking at the scab.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!