Im still in love with my ex. How do I get over him?

What is wrong withg me? Why can't i get over my ex after a surprise breakup he layed on me? He has moved on like nothing ever existed but im still holding on to the best of what made us one. How can I move past all this?

71

Most Helpful Guy

• Time. Time is the overseer of all things

• It sees men plan their dreams, sees them build their kingdoms, it sees them become, legendary

Most Helpful Girl

• Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you have never met. You just can't! At the moment the pain is still raw, the mind wants to let go , but it is not so easy for the heart. You need to be patient with yourself, and take each day as it comes. Every morning when you wake up tell yourself that you are even stronger than yesterday, because you have gotten through another day without him.

All you can do is keep busy and keep your mind focused on things other than him. Gradually you will think about him less and less. Until one day you can think of him and smile instead of crying.

Don't lose yourself to someone who doesn't care about losing you, and don't waste your tears on someone who doesn't value them. Your heart is stronger than you imagine, it can be cheated, burned, betrayed and broken but yet, it does still work and will love again.

There is no remedy or cure for a broken heart. Time does not always heal the pain, but it does help you to learn to live with it. Our memory can be our worst enemy, and most of our pain we are dealing with is only our thoughts. The more you think about him and go over and over in your head about the times shared, why he left, and about what could have been... just keeps the pain still so raw.

I can totally relate to how you feel and trust me... holding on is so much more painful than letting go xx

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 6

• No Contact whatsoever, @ThickChick84. Block him from your cell, Block him from Any and All Media sites you were once on together and Begin your Beguine of Licking your war wounds Today.
    Out of mind out of sight sometimes is the Only answer. This Outlook of 'Blocking' and Knocking the thoughts of him out of your life, may ease some of the pain so you can start to Get your shattered life of strife back together.
    Think of him as a loser who doesn't deserve You and Now, he is someone else's headache and heartache in the future of his groove and move.
    Nothing 'Wrong with me,' you have a heart of gold for someone who doesn't Know the Meaning of Love, in a nutshell.
    Good luck. xx

• I know how you feel, right now, he'll feel like the only guy for you and you'll wonder how you go on without him.

That's how I felt, but I found a solution how to deal with it.

1) Remove him off everything (phone, fb, WhatsApp whatever)
    2) Change your ringtone/text tone (you don't automatically think of him)
    3) Try talking to other guys, in real life or online. Someone may take your mind off him.
    4) Try finding a hobby to keep your mind off him.
    5) Realise that if it was meant to be, it'll be and you'll find someone better :)
    6) Understand that it takes time, if you need to cry, go for it. Let it out. Makes you feel better.
    7) Think of a list of bad things about him. Maybe he didn't listen? or was messy?

Hang in there, girl. It gets easier, trust me :)

• Read this:
    www.psychologytoday.com/.../when-the-person-you-love-doesnt-love-you

I read it every time I found myself thinking about him, it REALLY helps! One the best posts ever.

• I find it easiest when there's no contact, and u don't see them. Out of sight out of mind

• Do like me and act like you dont give a shit anymore. HE will come back. Answer mine.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1666736-did-he-even-deserve-a-response

• There's nothing wrong with you for having feelings for him still, it just means he meant a lot to you. When you catch yourself thinking about him try to remind yourself that it's over and you will move on one day, then find something else to get your mind on.