Girls, if you cheated on your guy why and whats the biggest reason and could it be reconciled or what would it take?

I want to know so it dont happen to me lol.

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I've emotionally cheated once. Actually... now that I think about it... twice. Physically cheated? Close to it, but did not. I'm not a cheater (exactly) by any means. Like, I would never set out to cheat on someone and I'm definitely not a serial emotional cheater. I always break up with the person once I realize what I might be doing wrong or that the relationship isn't working. I have trouble with commitment and I also don't have the best taste in guys and I make a lot of stupid decisions when it comes to them. I'm better off single for right now and I'm okay with that.

The biggest reason I would cheat (this is hypothetical), would be because maybe I wasn't getting enough attention or I felt ignored. In my previous situations where emotional cheating came into play:

1) I became friends with a guy while in a relationship and when we first met, I had no interest in him at all and didn't even expect to be his friend. Then, somehow we got to know each other and I slowly started to fall for him. He grew on me. I tried to squash it, but it kept growing. My ex-bf and I broke up before I got a chance to tell him, but I almost started dating the guy I liked while in a relationship.

2) I was in a rebound relationship and was still close to the guy I liked who I was trying to get over while in the relationship. It was bad timing with us so we couldn't let each other go, but still couldn't be together, so emotionally I was cheating on my second ex-bf.

***In my defense, while it is still not right, I was treated very terribly in both relationships I was in at the time I emotionally cheated. When it got to that point, I knew I had to get out of the relationship and I did. I'm not a horrible person.***

For me, I wouldn't want to reconcile or try to change things with the guy I was cheating on. I would want to move on and would hope they would too. That trust that we once had would now be gone and they would question if my heart was really all there for them. Soon that lack of trust would probably fester into resentment/hatred.

What Girls Said 5

• I would never cheat on a guy. I've been cheated on in a past relationship and the last thing I wanted was to reconcile with someone who disrespected me that way no matter how much I cared about him. Can it be reconciled... possibly... when she gets bored of her new boy toy. But then you would just be telling her it's ok to disrespect you and come back and leave whenever she wants. If someone cheats on you it's not worth the reconciliation in my opinion. Find someone who will treat you right.

• I liked that you would reconcile. But why do many women go back?

• I said I wouldn't reconcile. Why do women go back? If you mean why do the cheating women go back to the men they cheat on its because they know they can. And if they have no one else at the moment. They go back for the comfort of knowing they have someone when they are lonely. Maybe they go back too because they think they have changed, but the reason they cheated in the first place will probably arise again. Leaving you in a never ending cycle.

• I don't cheat. I have never cheated and never will. I have been cheated on and it really can't be reconciled. You wouldn't be able to forget it. The trust is gone. It's a huge betrayal.

• Thats the bottom line trust is gone.

• And if she cheats on me and begs and cries to come back fair for her too?

• If you let someone get away with cheating once, they will do it again.

• Exactly how common do you think cheating is?

• They say 50/50

• Ah I didn't think about it that way. Hmm. Interesting.

• If you truly care about your partner, the thought of any person touching you but them will repulse you.

• If she cheat on you, I won't take her back at all.

• I never cheated on anyone, and I will never do. But if I did, it would probably be because I am not happy with him... so I would not even try to reconcile. I would feel ashamed... he deserved better.

• And what would make you unhappy with him?