If you knew your friend cut off all ties with her (or his) ex and you saw a picture the ex's new SO put on social media would you tell your friend?

Basically I had a hunch my ex was interested in his friend when we were together, but he always told me I was "paranoid" and "crazy." I knew they got together when we broke up so I deleted both of them on all forms of social media. My friend told me about a picture the new girlfriend po sted on Instagram, telling me that yes I had been right and he was in love with this girl and called me crazy for it, but she didn't understand why I got pretty upset about the picture. She also told me in a public place where I had to be so I couldn't just go home and get over it either. I was kind of bothered that she told me because I don't think I would tell my friend if I knew she had cut the guy out of her life already.

• sure why not
  • no way that's mean
  • maybe, depends on the whole situation
    Vote C

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Certainly C, but rather not. Larger chance that it would do harm than do good :o

Most Helpful Girl

• With how my friends are I wouldn't need to tell them. They'd already know.

What Guys Said 2

• Some people enjoy being the bearer of bad news.

• Damn u moan a lot

What Girls Said 2

• In this situation, I believe I would be grateful to my friend if she told me. It would just reinforce my negative opinion about my cheating ex and help me move on.
    I was in a similar situation not long ago and my friend withheld information from me about what my ex was up to. I went through hell because of him, and knowing in advance what kind of person my ex really was could have helped me. I am not that close to my friend any more.

• If I knew for sure she didn't want to know anything more about him, I wouldn't.

If I thought she'd want me to let her know (and would be upset if I didn't), then I would. Probably not in a public place though.