Husband abandoned us 3 months ago. He says he hasn't told anyone that we split up. why would he keep it to himself?

Is he wanting us to get back together?
also he said he approved of my new boyfriend and the kids like him too. He said he's happy if I'm happy. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• He is probably really confused and feeling many different emotions all at once. I'm sure part of him wants to get back together, part of him wants to move on, part of him is ashamed, and part of him wants you to be happy. This is a time where he is going to be sorting a lot of internal stuff out, I'm sure he never intentionally wanted this situation and I think he hasn't said anything partially for himself and partially to protect you (At least thats how he sees it) so I would say you need to give it time. The situation will present itself clear enough when the time comes. For now just make the most of what you've got.

Most Helpful Girl

• Means he cares about your happiness, one way or another, regardless if you get back together or not, it's genuine compassion. He prob hasn't broke the news to anyone quite yet, due to either A) embarrassment, ( due to failure) or B) hopes you'll work things out with him eventually. He may be seemingly strong, in terms of the new boyfriend status, but he's most likely acting strong for purposes of acceptance, and or hiding his pain, thus causing him to appear even stronger about 'said' situation. Men are good at hiding 'real' emotion

• Sometimes guys leave, but sometimes they come back. He might have needed time to think, why you got a new boyfriend already? Damn

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe he doesn't want to answer to parents or friends. I think it's dawning on him that he fucked up

• I think he would feel ashamed and embarressed if people found out he abandoned you. Him being ok with your. boyfriend means he truly doesn't care anymore but still doesn't want other people to know what happened. So since he sounds like he has moved on, i suggest you move on from him also. Stop tryig to analyze what he does and everything else.

• he's ashamed because he knows that no father should ever leave their children, or he's a lazy prick who doesn't care about you or the kids.

• Well you certainly wasted no time replacing him. Maybe he had a feeling you would and decided to just end things early.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!