My boyfriend broke up with me saying 'we should just be friends' what does this mean?

Last week my boyfriend broke up with me while I was sitting near his friends and after he said he wanted to break up he just continued his day like nothing ever happened, he didn't even ask if I was okay or anything and that really hurt. Especially since he was my first boyfriend ever and I still haven't had my first kiss. We dated for 3 months and the farthest we've gone is a kiss on the cheek (because I am so shy) so I don't know if he got bored of our relationship, bored of me or if it's something else. Now that we are friends he doesn't really talk to me that much anymore so I am not really sure why he wanted to break up. Also, should I get back together with him or move on?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• U should move on he sounds like he just wanted to play and didn't love u sincerly :) u deserve better u know smone who loves u for real ^^

• When my friends tell me I will find someone better I tell them "omg ur so funny that's the funniest thing I heard" because obviously nobody wants to date me lol. :/

• U remind me of myself haha imshy as well
      listen udont hav to be like those girls who r not shy at all and kiss and do whatever they want and who aren't intimidated by guys , being shy is cute and the guy who will love u will apreciate that about u and if u love him too u will do efforts just for him and that is amazing even kissing will be amazing haha i see it like that ^^

• But I'm worried that he'll break up with me because I am too shy. I literally never talk in class so I don't know how guys can find that "cute"

What Guys Said 1

• Move on but I think you're owed an explanation

What Girls Said 3

• You should move on, but ask him for an explanation otherwise you might start blaming yourself which you most certainly shouldn't do, so definitely move on you can do so much better and find someone who truly loves and cares for you

• I texted him yesterday asking him why he broke up with me and he never responded. Why didn't he respond?

• You must be very young. You should have gotten an explanation of course and as to why he broke up with you, we have no clue only he knows. Move on or not is up to you but if I were in your shoes I would move on because he did break up with you after all and it is difficult to trust after that. I am sure you will find someone better even though you may not believe it, there are plenty of guys out there and you have your whole life in front of you.

• You should move on.