Should I talk to him?

I broke up with my boyfriend six months ago. He hasn't talked to me since, and I'm confused by that because he said we could still be friends, and we didn't end it in an ugly way... he was getting distant, I started breaking up with him, and he agreed saying I loved him more than he loved me.

What would you do? Especially if you didn't want to look like a needy/crazy ex girlfriend. Would you contact him? What would you say? I still love him and I miss him and I'm so confused why he would say we could be in each others' lives and then never write, call, text, email... it's making me feel horrible, like our amazing eight months meant nothing to him.

51

Most Helpful Guy

• a lot of times people say they'll be friends but it's really just sort of a nice thing to say

but you could send an email or a text seeing how he's doing but you def shouldn't expect anything, press for anything or be disappointed if you don't hear back from him

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 5

• i don't think its a good idea to contact back someone who forms part of your past... don't do it

• He was just giving you lip service. Part of breaking up is missing him then not doing so anymore.

• Let it go
    Nothing good will come out of it

• Some guys just don't want to 'hurt' girls. He says 'still be friends' as a nice way to end the relationship without the crying and shouting. It'll feel like 'friends isn't so bad' and you'll just expect the text or hang out. When honestly it's been 6 months if he hasn't even sent a 'hi' he's long gone.

• really don't text him! he is such an asshole for saying that you do love him moreā€¦ that means he doesn't love you! haven't talked for 6 months? he moved on, you gotta accept the ugly truth :( happened to me before, just let the perfect man arrive to you, you gotta give the guy that likes you, an opportunity, he'll treat you like a queen, he has to show his love!