Why does it seem like it's so easy for guys to cope after a breakup?

85

Most Helpful Guy

• We're well aware that women consider us expendable, so we remain emotionally detached, knowing deep down she doesn't actually give a fuck about us. Works great.

• This is horrible! I'm sure plenty of women "give a fuck" about their partner. I know I do when I'm with someone. The only reason a woman finds someone expendable is when he isn't showing her the respect she deserves. Just as guys find women expendable if they are not respected.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they're men and they know when they can be soft and when they have to be hard (seriously, no pun intended) I'm sure they cry in peace. When no one can hear them. They have to let it out sometimes and the stigma a man gets from being sensitive is fucking ridiculous.

What Guys Said 4

• That is just a myth, we go through the same process although if they have another girl lined up after you it will be easy cause he will not go through lonliness and his self confidence will be very high

• Is this not called a rebound relationship? I've heard most don't work out anyway.

• Mostly we fake it so it looks like we don't need you.

• Because a male's sexual ego is usually about getting sex and a female's is about getting commitment. He got sex, she didn't get commitment.

• Men just tend to be more stoic about these things. It doesn't mean they're not suffering.

What Girls Said 7

• They don't want to show emotion or weakness. They want to stay aloof and cool but on the inside, they are hurting just as much as you.

• i guess it because us girls are more emotional than guys and guys are less emotional and this makes them more able to deal with breakups and move on easier

• Sounds like my ex.

I wish I had answers to this too lol.

• Depending on the circumstance and who broke up with who, guys probably cope with break ups the same as girls.

• it isn't. they just hide it better.

• (laughing)
    If only that was true of MY ex dates.

• I'm in my 40's, and I find that men suffer, but it seems after a breakup they tend to have self-destructive behaviors. If the breakup was in fact with a women they cared deeply for.. They may not be as vocal about it but they go through the pain.