I miss my ex boyfriend so badly today! Any words of wisdom?

It's been 6 months since we broke up, and up until now I was alright. First week was terrible, but it was a different kind of terrible. I didn't miss him because all I was thinking about is how he screwed me over. It was hard to break the habit but I honestly thought I finally did and that I'm over him. But today something happened. While I was at work, someone turned on the music, and it's like it was our playlist. Literally every damn song reminded me of him. I heard all these songs after the breakup but it never hit me. Today I was crushed. I could feel my pressure raising, feeling warm in my head, and tears just running down like a fountain. My heart was beating so fast that I couldn't even breathe properally. Luckely no one saw me, but I had to rush to the bathroom to cry it out. I couldn't wait to get home to just scream like a crazy person. I was so sad. And now that I am home, I still can't stop crying. I think of all the good moments we spent together, like when we first kissed, when he went on the roof of the building just to scream how much he loves me, when we watched horror movies and he would always hold me tight and cuddle me, when we were having a spaghetti war in the kitchen, when he jumped on the airplane to surprise me with visit and to give me favorite candy, when he would stay up late with me every time my mom was sick and I couldn't sleep, and bunch of other small things. We were together for 3 years and every single day was a paradise. I am having a really rough month with everything and god what I would give to just be 5 mins in his arms right now. I know he doesn't love me anymore and that he long forgot about all the stuff we did, but it doesn't help knowing. I know I will be alright tomorrow, but how do I get through today? :(

13

Most Helpful Guy

• How did he screw you over? I am in a similar situation so I can relate.

• Well he just dumped me one day. I guess I felt something is wrong but whenever I would ask him if everything is alright he would say that everything is great and no need to worry. So I took his words over his actions. Then just one day, out of the blue, he said he thinks he doesn't love me anymore, that he is not that excited about seeing me anymore, and that he needs to fix his life (his life was a mess, no job, no school, no ambitions), that right now he wants to be on his own.

• You say go out and date like it's going to the store and buying a bag chips. -.- There are no crazy parties anymore. And just because I am a girl doesn't mean everyone would date me. Trust me, it's hard out there. I'm lucky if I even get a "hi" from a guy...

• Well you have to approach them. Then try try picking up a new hobby like cooking. I picked up drawing and working out to get a great body and then posted my pictures on Instagram for my ex to see

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey! Sounds like you had a awful day. I've gone down the same path too to the point I gave myself acute stress, I wanted to puke every 30 minutes to an hour. 3 years of relationship vs 6 months to heal is nothing. I'm not going to say it's going to take exactly how many months to get over someone, some people don't. Days like these are normal, maybe before you were just focusing and distracting yourself of thinking about him. The music and songs cued your brain to remind you of him. Cry your heart out today and maybe tomorrow, give yourself time to heal. As my cheating boyfriend of 3 years told me anything, one thing he said was true, 'time will eventually heal all.' I broke up with him for almost 2 years now and sometimes to this day I still think about him and miss him even though he's a complete ass.

What Guys Said 2

• Be strong and try to remember where you left your stapler.

• A woman does not have the ability to think for herself

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!