Does a long distance romance have any chance of working out?

I met a guy while he was in my country for a visit. We clicked immediately and ended up exchanging numbers. We texted almost all day everyday and went on a few dates. I was dating other men before I met him, however I found myself extremely attracted to him and dropped the other guys real quick.

Everything about us was just so perfect, our first kiss, the first time we had sex... incredible, but I knew he would end up leaving and we would both move on. We met up before he left and gave him a gift so that he could remember me now and then. He said no one had given him such a thoughtful gift. But as soon as he left to go back to his country he texted me saying how much he wanted us to work out. We kept communicating everyday, feeling as if it was a relationship. He asked me to go visit him but being a full time student makes it difficult. He can't come here often because he's working on his career.

Fast forward 5 months later, we both decided to end things since he had already been in a long distance reationship and he would hate to put me through this especially while we both don't have enough time for one another. He cared too much, didn't want to let me go, but knew it was the best thing for both of us. We were both very understanding about each others needs and ended up saying our goodbyes.

He reached out to me a couple of days later saying that he doesn't want to lose contact with me. That he never thought he'd care for someone so much, and that when he comes back to my country he'd come to see me and he wishes I do the same. And that was that...

I honestly have never felt this way for someone before and I know he's the one for me. I'm such an optimist that I know we will end up together somehow. Is it kind of foolish or should I just forget and move on? Do we ever forget these short lived romances?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• It is possible to work on this LDR is possible!! I've heard many stories when they after 5 years went together and they have kids and live happy life.

The point is to invest time into person you love, no matter if you only talk just talk and try to visit him / her it's not the easiest way - I know but it's possible.

People who are saying that is not possible is because they don't want to invest into that, it's harder for sure, is impossible - not really it's possible to be.

I've got feelings for one girl too and we are in LDR and it's going quite good I'm sometimes insecure but hei we talk about that, send pictures to each make fun and we feel the most beautiful connection even if were not together!

So I wish you good luck and I think it's possible if both want to do invest time into that! - Good Luck and be strong!

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm I don't know

I have been in a long distance relationship myself for over a year now.

What keeps it going is the love

Otherwise, I wouldn't b in one.

Still waiting to see if we will have a future

The problem is: I am so completely in love with the guy

Crazy I know.

What Guys Said 6

• Actually, it does have a chance of working out. You just need to stick to it and not doubt.
    Though not like you but I have a Japanese male friend and he didn't text me for over a year and I thought I had done something wrong but he was actually very busy and texted me after a year and it is still working out. If you are impatient types it does not work but if you are patient and strong it shall work out.

• Can't he work near you?
    How much time for you to finish studies?

Maybe things can end well, but sacrifices miight be needed...

• That depends upon the individuals.

• Yes, they have a chance. But it's a small chance.

• Yes there is a chance

• Romance never has a chance of working out. The only way things can work is if a woman stays confined to the house and the man beats her from time-to-time to correct her

What Girls Said 2

• Hate me if you must, but Ldr's are not real relationships. What they are are fabrications of relationships, because what you two have exists only in the online world, the virtual world.

You fool yourselves into thinking that you’re involved in something genuine, something hopeful, something whose future lies in the physical world, the real world. But what you’re actually in is a lie made to look like a relationship.

Good luck.

• Not likely, but nothin is impossible :)