How do you politely break up with someone who is "in love" with you?

I specifically told him I wanted to see other people and he still didn't get it.

45

Most Helpful Guy

• You can do it kindly but you can never do it without hurting them, just let him know how you feel.

Most Helpful Girl

• u can do it politely, but u can't do it without hurting him a little. that's the worst thing.

u kind of just have to tell him ur flattered by how he feels about you, but your heart just isn't feeling the same, and u think it would just be best to part ways so that everyone can move on happily.

What Guys Said 4

• Then tell him it's over

• Just say, "Sorry i been currently involved with dating someone and
    it's time for me to come out and tell you the truth "

• You have to let everything go there's no polite way, and get the same results that you want. you have to get rid of he's number , don't talk to him and move on. sorry it's a hard process to do but surely doing the polite way will not get him off of you because he will think your playing hard to get, trust me I know men and polite won't work.
    Please let me know if this helps

• Time, time is the overseer of all things

What Girls Said 3

• No Contact then.
    Good luck. xx

• Just tell him straight up: you don't see this going anywhere, that you want to separate and go your separate ways.

• I would probably just say "this isn't working out, I feel we should go our separate ways,"
    The other person is going to feel a lot of heart break regardless especially if they love you.