Blocking someone means that person kinda have so much power over you that u needed it to block him/her?

I mean that person has so much power that u need to force yourself to block him/her in order to not see his profile or her profile, and if that person is bothering u, u say he's bothering me, but the feelings are yours, u can't make responsable someone for the way u feel. do u agree?

98

Most Helpful Guy

• No, blocking someone means you are either too insecure to face the problem head on and deal with it OR it means you don't wanna waste your time trying to deal with the problem since blocking/ running away is much easier and less energy consuming :^)

• I didn't think about it. I recently block a guy friend from snap cuz he couldn't stop sending me pics. I guess I was kinda avoid the truth.

• Exactly, you had two options: The easy one = Block him; The hard one = make him stop sending the pictures without blocking him :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Blocking someone is a drastic measure, but is the only measure applicable on some persons. Some people just won’t understand that you want them to leave you alone. I usually block someone who continues bothering me, even though I directly tell them to leave me alone. It might mean that the other person has enough influence over you, like in the case of a previous lover. But usually we block people because we want them out of our life.

• yes that's true. I don't argue that point that because i do unnderstand. Is just I was reading a book (self help haha) and it says how people used to make other people responsable for their own feelings. like when u say to someone "you are making me feel bad" you are making them responsable for what u feel, instead of saying I made myself feel bad or i get offended by things I told to myself respect of what u say about me.
      But also, a guy I was dating blocked me, he never said I don't want anything to do with you anymore. out of nowhere he told me he was seeing someone else. I kinda didn't accept what he said, for some moments he was like but we can be friends and some other moments he was no i don't see us talking but u can talk to me and i was like u are beeing too vague. Anyway, but after a few weeks I sent him an apology for the behaviour, he accepeted it, and a days after i was just saying hiii just to know how was he, and I was blocked.

• Well maybe he was feeling trapped. Most of the times, the friendship that follows a break-up is quite awkward. You don’t know how to act around that person, you don’t know the boundaries, the limits. At what point does the friendship end and starts becoming more of a relationship. People, not all, don’t know where to draw the line, and they don’t seem to realize that a small caress, the many messages, the hand around the waist or neck, etc are reserved for a relationship, and not a friendship. And people, again, not all, might suggest a friendship after a break-up out of politeness, without actually wanting one. He might be feeling confused about his feelings, or he might be feeling that you are a threat to his new relationship. But I think he just wants to move on with his life, something that you should do as well.

• the question wasn't about him. but u just made me remind it.

What Guys Said 7

• Depends on whether it is because of unwanted harassment or because they just ran out of arguments and aren't willing to admit they might be wrong. If the guy is just sending you pictures despite being told not to, then just block him, yes.

• a guy blocked me cuz apparently I didn't get the hint, I only say hi and minutes I was blocked. he once told me to stop but i assume it was because he was upset cuz i was sending too many messages (it was a fight) then i just apologized and he blocked me

• True that. All the people that i have a debate or argument with caw blocked meh cuz they have nothin' else to say. To further stop their foolishness, they resort to blocken to thinken that they are right altho they know i right but they feel guilty to admit it 👌🏼

• There's only so much time in the day. Why waste it on people who bring you down? I'm online for entertainment. If you're not entertaining me, I see no reason why I would want to have to filter through your waste of visual space to find something I enjoy.

• Not really; it could just mean that you don't want anything to do with them or not see their idiotic posts/comments. That doesn't mean they have power over you

• It usually means that person blocking is an ignorant, aggrogant weak minded mongoloid who blocks because you dont agree and they can't debate like an adult about differences of opinion. So because they can't handle your disagreement they insult you before they block you. At least thats been my experience.

• A person who is a hater on my opinions i just report them and block them
    i will keep their username and send it to law enforcement the administrators
    don't want help me out i will take legal action that is all ,

• A person can say anything on my Opinions but when you disagree/ hate on me that draws line

• In some cases perhaps, in others no.

What Girls Said 8

• No, blocking someone means they bore me and that I don't want to do anything with that person. But if they weren't texting me at all I probably wouldn't have a reason to block them. Some people ignore, some block, but it all comes down to the same thing. Blocking is like more drastic measure.

And then there's another reason for blocking - if someone I loved deeply dumped me like a last piece of poop. Then I block them to get over them, don't want to be tempted to text them or see what's going on in their life. But it also comes down to the same thing - not wanting to do anything with that person.

• why giving them the pleasure of importance.

• Anyone has power over you if you allow them to dictate your emotions.

Harboring hate or anger allows someone to live rent free in your head.

Whether you block that person or not ,
    Never give them that level of ability.

• I don't block anyone.. not my thing.. 😎😎 but A LOT have blocked me.. 😁😁

• Not always.

Sometimes you just don't have time for nonsense.

Like, creepy inappropriate messages.

• He found you annoying.

• I blocked the guy that told me to kill myself. I didn't warrant that kind of reaction, and he kept "shouting" things in all caps. Why waste my time on that negative person? Out of sight, out of mind.

• yes i agree.

• Blocking someone shows immaturity and lack of mental strength.
    The people who block someone (are usually female) and do it because the person disagreed with them and they refuse to accept opposing opinions, they "TOOK" offense about something said and had to block the person as opposed to dealing with the reason they found the item offensive in the first place.

These people are weak minded and childish. If you need to block someone to prevent your petty mindset from being challenged or to avoid something you have CHOSEN to get offended by, then you shouldn't interact with other humans because you are the reason our society sucks.