Why is my ex still nice to me?

He dumped me 6 months ago because he had a lot excuses (wants to fix his life, wants to focus on school, doesn't want a LDR anymore, blah blah blah...). We were together for 3 years in LDR. Well ever since we broke up, I had a hard time forgetting that he exists. I would text him from time to time, with some stupid excuses like what's the name of that movie that we watched... and then he would try to find it for me. And every time he would be very nice to me, putting smileys and acting like a good "boyfriend". Then there were times when he would do something and I would wonder why he did that (even though it's like totally not my bussines anymore), and then I ask him and he would still answer nicely and would justify why he did that thing. For example he wasn't online for whole weekend and I asked him where he was and he told me where he was, all in details. Then he made a facebook account (he wasn't using it before) and I asked him how come he has facebook now and he told me how, when and why he made it. I even went so far in asking him once if he is seeing someone and he didn't mind answering me to that question (it was a no). And he always responds right away, like in the matter of seconds. And would always be nice and put smileys, or if we are in a call he would laugh and seem interested. I know I am getting all over the line in asking such questions, but why doesn't he tell me to stop? My exes did the same and I always either ignored them, told them to stop or simply blocked them. It bothered me them knowing about what I'm doing. So why is my ex not doing the same? We're not together anymore, he doesn't have to answer me every time anymore. If he wanted freedom, why is he not enjoying it now? I mean it's not like I'm talking to him often (more like once in 2, 3 weeks) but still.

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Is he supposed to be mean to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• You sound like you have your head screwed on and you're doing everything right. Do you actually want him back? If so, just carry on as you are. My boyfriend finished with me last September giving much the same reasons as yours. We stayed in touch, we were nice, we both met other people and showed maturity about it, but they didn't work out. We supported each other but he could see I didn't Need him. In April he came back and now we're expecting our first child. Sometimes they're honest when they say they have things to sort and they come back. Sometimes they're just nice to you because they are nice people. Either way, stay strong X

What Guys Said 2

• How was he the first couple of weeks/months you guys brokeup? was he nice then? or was he kind of quiet/distant?

• he must be crazy losing a girl like u

What Girls Said 3

• My ex boyfriend did the same. I was so confused for ages why he did this but I think he just wanted us to stay on good terms even though we aren't together anymore.

• Yeah but why? Why does it matter to him anymore if we're on good terms or not if he has nothing left to lose and doesn't want to gain anything by it?

• Seen as a bad guy to whom? We don't have mutual friends...

• Seen as the bad guy to you.

• Maybe he's not over you and still cares for you? It seems confusing because you don't want to jump in and get the wrong idea but maybe you should ask him why he's still nice to you?

• He dumped you, what reason does he have to be mean to you?