If somebody loved you would they say something so hurtful even if they didn't mean it?

My partner and I were arguing about a misunderstanding and he called me a very hurt full word he has never said anything like it in the years I've known him, I almost can't forgive him it was really hurt full if he loved me would he have said or thaught this?

65

Most Helpful Guy

• in short Yes

unfortunately we sometimes hurt those we love. sometimes we even hurt those we love more than others. it doesn't mean it's excusable but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people lose their temper.

He has had a grip on it all of these years. I know it hurts you, but I don't think you should let that one time he lost it , ruin how you view him.
    He's human !

If he's apologetic I think you should accept.
    Tell him how much he hurt you and the extent at which is words made you feel.
    Tell him how it made things in your mind almost non repairable.
    If he understands the level of hurt he caused you , I can almost guarantee he won't use those words again.

Someone who loves you, yes makes mistakes.
    But will not continue to hurt you when you let your feelings be known.

<3

• This is a great answer :) ;)

• Thanks :)

• I know what you are saying but there is thin line between temper and being a door mat I have respect for myself if u know what I mean say if somebody called me a fat midget that's not a mistake that's an opinion , not that he called me that or would but example let's just say, he understands but he is also human like u say and I'm sure I've said worse thanks everyone

What Guys Said 4

• Im shure they mean it. They juz dont wanna look silly 😝

• regrettable words and actions are done in the throws of passion

• Yes that happens sometimes.

• i've done something similar 6 years ago... and live with it everyday.

• i've been through hell... but never anything close agony i'm in now.

What Girls Said 5

• People throw a lot at one another when Angry and mad, @everyoneloves and no one really means what they actually say Most of the time that day.
    However, it still stings, still rings in your own ears, and still cannot be forgotten, hard to forgive sometimes as well.
    If it is Hard to Swallow because it is Not such music to your ears you have never heard before, it might take some time down this fine line to Forgive and to Forget.
    Love hurts, as the old saying goes. And he most likely does love you but what he may be feeling has been bottled up inside he may have Not meant for it to Come out as Much as it did like a sour ball and all.
    Open lines of convo is one of the most important factors in any new or old relationship. It takes two to tango and two to tangle and also To... Untangle the best of a mess.
    Good luck. xx

• Sometimes in the heat of the moment, people say things that they would never have said before. Most people think before they speak, but to do that it requires a calm and mature mindset. When upset about something or angry and frustrated, that mindset changes and becomes jumbled and people will say something they don't mean. Also, sometimes people just have big mouths or talk too much.

My best friend has said some really hurtful things to me in the heat of the moment and I the same, but we never meant to be hurtful to each other. The words just came out. He hasn't done this before, has he? If not, I think that you just need to swallow your pride and forgive him. Is it really worth it to stay mad at him for one mistake?

• Anger sometimes makes us say things we don't mean. Or exaggerate things we might mean. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt u tho. Probably just let his anger get the best of him...

• I've been called names when he was angry with me. It will pass and be ok.

• Unfortunately it happens sometimes. Out of anger. Out of impulsivity. But it should be followed by a sincere apology, in words and actions.