Why have I just been dumped yet I feel nothing?

My girlfriend just broke up with me. I have been expecting this for a few days now actually, and was contemplating ending it myself. But now I feel nothing but I'm scared all of a sudden soon it's just going to hit me all of a sudden. How can I be prepared for this if it does?

But basically the story is that I got with a girl back in June. Yet all throughout the relationship I've felt pretty insecure about myself, scared she was going to hurt me and hadn't a clue what she saw in me. Yet at the same time I was really happy with her. It was nice hanging out with her and feeling close to somebody.

But for a few weeks now I've been feeling like we've been drifting a little bit. And I opened up to her the other day about how it was getting to me a bit. But we ended up getting into an argument then where I think it hit her that we are just too different and want different things. Since then things have remained unsettled..

I was debating whether or not to end things myself as i still felt there was hope if we gave it a chance, but also realised that I couldn't see it lasting longer myself.. But she beat me to it and ended things.

But like I mentioned above, I feel fine about it, yet I fear that all of a sudden this will suddenly fall on me like a tonne of bricks and get me down at some point in the future.. Is there any way I can try to prevent this?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• You will someone better, but you have to get over her first. Breakups are hard, and it takes time to get over them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep yourself distracted–either with an extracurricular or with another person. Don't stalk her/what she does on social media and such (avoid it), and perhaps just focus on something else. Maybe a hobby or a sport and try to get better at it. Since you want to just forget about her; delete photos or stuff of you and her.

You're lucky in your case because you didn't get too too close and you weren't dating very long.

Good luck!

What Girls Said 4

• You may not feel anything instantly because you were expecting it? It is also said that men/boys tend to not feel emotions suddenly and it takes awhile to build up before they feel anything (unless it's a serious circumstance). If you didn't love her then you probably won't feel very much so that it also something to take into consideration.

• It will probably hit you in a bit...
    Good luck?

• Just get under someone else then you will be fine 😂

• It will probably hit you later.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!