Why have I just been dumped yet I feel nothing?

My girlfriend just broke up with me. I have been expecting this for a few days now actually, and was contemplating ending it myself. But now I feel nothing but I'm scared all of a sudden soon it's just going to hit me all of a sudden. How can I be prepared for this if it does?

But basically the story is that I got with a girl back in June. Yet all throughout the relationship I've felt pretty insecure about myself, scared she was going to hurt me and hadn't a clue what she saw in me. Yet at the same time I was really happy with her. It was nice hanging out with her and feeling close to somebody.

But for a few weeks now I've been feeling like we've been drifting a little bit. And I opened up to her the other day about how it was getting to me a bit. But we ended up getting into an argument then where I think it hit her that we are just too different and want different things. Since then things have remained unsettled..

I was debating whether or not to end things myself as i still felt there was hope if we gave it a chance, but also realised that I couldn't see it lasting longer myself.. But she beat me to it and ended things.

But like I mentioned above, I feel fine about it, yet I fear that all of a sudden this will suddenly fall on me like a tonne of bricks and get me down at some point in the future.. Is there any way I can try to prevent this?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You will someone better, but you have to get over her first. Breakups are hard, and it takes time to get over them.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep yourself distracted–either with an extracurricular or with another person. Don't stalk her/what she does on social media and such (avoid it), and perhaps just focus on something else. Maybe a hobby or a sport and try to get better at it. Since you want to just forget about her; delete photos or stuff of you and her.

You're lucky in your case because you didn't get too too close and you weren't dating very long.

Good luck!

0|1
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• You may not feel anything instantly because you were expecting it? It is also said that men/boys tend to not feel emotions suddenly and it takes awhile to build up before they feel anything (unless it's a serious circumstance). If you didn't love her then you probably won't feel very much so that it also something to take into consideration.

0|0
    0|0
  • It will probably hit you in a bit...
    Good luck?

0|0
    0|0
  • Just get under someone else then you will be fine 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • It will probably hit you later.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!