I don't know what to make of my ex's email, can I get some insight?

After our breakup 1 year ago, I began dating someone else and I'm still with that person. When my ex heard about my new rship, he text me some horrible things, I'd respond just as nastily, then he'd respond back nastily, etc - this went on for roughly 2 months here and there. And then one day, he fell off the grid. He deleted all social media accounts, blocked me from calling or texting and even blocked me from his email. After he went MIA for approx 4 months, I saw a new FB account of his and I decided to send a FB request. He declined and sent me a nice message saying he hopes all is well with me. I then asked if he was seeing anyone and he said yes, he's in a 3 month rship and he's happy. He then blocked me from that account even tho we were not FB friends. I got an email today that said: "Jaimie, don't take offense from me blocking u in all areas of communication. I had to do it for my own health. I was in great despair when we broke up and you moved on so quickly, it's hard to describe how I felt, but it was painful and I felt in despair. And then one day I decided that I had enough of feeling so sad. I decided to make changes in my life. I began to see things logically and not from emotions, I was then able to heal and move on. Going no contact was for my health benefit. In case you are curious, I'm very happy now. And I wish u nothing but happiness and love, too. Take care, Jim.

wtf? Manipulation? Trying to make me feel bad?

61

Most Helpful Guy

• No, he is trying to explain why he did some of the things he did and let you know in a way that he feels some guilt about it and he doesn't want to cause you pain because of those choices he made for himself. You should take it at face value, thank him for letting you know and wish him the best and let him know you are doing fine as well. Then go on about your life like he never existed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignore him, if he's happy and moved on in his relationship, then the last thing he should be thinking of is you.. If he was in so much despair... Yeah right, he's trying to get under your skin... And Ruffel your feathers. Don't respond, ignore him out of sight out of mind.

• I do think he was in despair, no doubt. Our breakup was horribly difficult. We've known eachother 25 years. I'm beginning to think he feels bad for blocking me and not accepting my FB request. He feels bad and sent me that email? I don't know.

• OK its possible, very possible for him to want to make amends.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 5

• I would just take it as he says. And hope he's happy too and move on as well. Delete him from your life

• Yea, that's probably it. I'm thinking he felt bad for blocking me, etc that he decided to explain himself.

• Yeah seems really clear

• No just being adult

• He implemented the no contact rule. It sounds like he was devastated and needed to heal. What is interesting is that now you are contacting him, sending friend requests etc... Are you sure you are over him?

• I still love him

• Yep, it's rough. I HIGHLY recommend you go over to the forum called "Healing after a breakup" on the website called enotalone. com. Omg, enotalone forums have been my saving grace over the years. Post your stuff and you will get tons of support and advice.

• Thanks, I will. Good luck.

• he's trying to manipulate you!

• Well the fact that you were communicating with him at all was so unbelievably dissresctful to your new relationship... Why should you care? Move on sheesh. How would you feel if your new Significant other did that to you?

Sounds like you are not over your ex