Will he call me after I told him I had to let him go, and never contact me again?

I was with a guy for three years, we also lived together for those three years. I moved back to my home state, because my father was getting older. My boyfriend was not willing to move back here with me, even though his family also lives in this area. A year has past since I moved back here, we remained good friends, talked once and while on the phone. He eventually started seeing a woman (who is currently separated from her husband, but still sleeps with him and hangs out with him frequently). My exboyfriend called me out of the blue, and asked if he could come and see me. We ended up hooking up and eventually rekindling our relationship, and he finally decided he was going to move here. He immediately went back and ended his relationship with her. For about three weeks we talked multiple times a day, making plans for him to move here with me. Two weeks ago, he abruptly stopped calling, I texted him " Why haven't you called me?", my phone immediately rang. He said... I don't love you, I love 'Christine", I am not moving by you, then hung up. A week later he called me back and apologized for hurting me. He claims... "he is addicted to her", he is miserable with her though, and wants to be with me, but can't pull himself away from her. I decided I could not take anymore heartbreak and I said " I need to let you go, I can't compete with her", please don't call me anymore. It's been two weeks and I regret saying that to him. I love him so much, I feel like I can't live with out him. I just want him to wake up. I just want him to call me !!! I have decided not to initiate any kind of contact. He also told me our last conversation that she keeps telling him that she is going back to her husband. Of course, I am hoping she does! Is there anything I can do to get him back? Am I doing the right thing by not contacting him? I am scared because I told him that I had to let him go and not to contact me. I said it out of hurt. Now I have left myself devastated. We were best friends and now he is completely gone out of my life. Does anyone think he will call me again? I have vowed not to call him.
1
5