Is it normal To regret breaking up with someone?

I regret it more than anything and I can't stop thinking about it thinking I made a wrongn choice

50

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a tough one. It is hard to go back now. Try making two lists of all the good things in the relationship and all the bad things. Then make a list of all the things that you were thinking and feeling a few weeks up to the point that you broke it off. The the problems fixable? Were you going through a lot of emotional things at that time that may have clouded your judgement to be able to separate your feelings from the facts of your relationship. Remember feelings and facts are different. Spend some time thinking about if there are aspects that are fixable and ones that are deal breakers. If the fixable things outweigh the deal breakers and you can put your feelings aside then maybe you made a bad decision in that moment. People make mistakes. Go with your heart. Good luck.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• One of the best things you can do when you regret breaking up is to avoid any contact with your ex for at least a month. This will allow your ex to heal a bit from the pain of the breakup and it will give him a chance to miss you.

By giving yourself time, you will also be able to see the situation objectively so you can determine the best way to proceed. Surprisingly, you might discover that you made the right decision by ending the relationship the first time around.

Good luck.

• pretty sure it's normal. i think though that if you wanna a avoid this, u need to be really careful about the decision ur gonna make and keep in min how much it'll affect the person ur dumping.

i have 0 regrets because i took on this mindset.

• oh dear, is there any chance of getting back together?

• There may be, but I don't know if I have a right to message him :( I broke his heart and didn't give him enough chance

• so tell him that. message him and say 'i am so sorry for hurting you, can we talk?'

• Yes, it is normal, but what are your reasons for regretting it?