How do I get over him once and for all?

Hi, so last year I met this guy at college, and we just clicked. It was like we were meant to be, we became best friends and he was really sweet to me. He made me feel like life was perfect, and even though we were only friends, he looked at me like he really loved me and it made me feel really special, because of the things he'd say to me, like "you're the sweetest thing to happen to me."
But suddenly he stopped speaking to me and acting very awkward around me, and because I missed him, I realised I liked him. I've tried to speak to him and ask him what happened since confessing that I liked him so him, but I didn't want to step on his toes, so I've not spoken to him in about 9 months.
About 4 months ago I randomly messaged him "I love you aha" and he just replied with "?" and nothing else other than a thumbs up emoji.
In all honesty, I feel like he broke me. I miss him so much and I'm not interested in anyone else. A few days ago, I realised it was a year since we first met, and it hit me at a weird time and I started crying because I still miss him so much.
He has been in a relationship for 5 months, so I shouldn't try to speak to him. How do I get over him though, because I am still so attatched to him and it's not gone away at all in 10 months.

11

What Guys Said 1

• You need to find a hobby. Something you can do when you are getting lonely or upset. A good one is running. You can just pick it up and do it Often the energy expended there will lessen the energy expended thinking about him.

Time heals all.

What Girls Said 1

• Fake it until you make it.

Trust us on this one. Even though you're not over him, act like you are and it will eventually manifest.

Force yourself to go to parties and flirt with other guys, and one day you'll realise you're not just pretending to have fun or playing along with the dude hitting on you, you're legitimately into it.

Good luck.