If he/she says they're too busy to text back is that true?

Say they're the one who ended the relationship but still kept in contact and kept telling you they love you. but becomes distant and you haven't heard from them in 2 weeks so you text them and they reply 4 days later and says "sorry I didn't text you back right away just been busy" is that a stupid excuse or could they be seeing someone else?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Having an excuse for something can have many reasons.
    The way the person behaves tells you its real intention and as you said is.. he wants to distance himself from you. This can happen often in life and is usual, just keep acting friendly on the same level as the distant person if you want to keep the contact in the future people can always change their minds.
    Finally the decision of how you take it is up to you

Most Helpful Girl

• its not true. you can always make time.

What Guys Said 2

• they are seeing someone move on. It is one thing if it is a few hours and they are working so can't text you back right away. but four days? he has something else going on.

• If something or someone is really important then the person would make time

What Girls Said 3

• Rough stuff but my advice is to not even bother with that. As hard as hell as it is that they broke up with you so - delete/block and spam if you can't do the mythical friends thing without wondering about a text back. They have your emotions on a string and they know that when they eventually text you back for whatever reason you will respond. I know I've been there - I was there recently, now I've decided to stop being a puppet. You can do it. They ended things remember that. Be strong.

• 37.media.tumblr.com/...lv92knwxaB1qflml0o1_500.gif

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

• Oh man... Been there fuck that. He is most likely seeing someone else and lost interest. Time to kick rocks and move on...