If my ex is constantly online on a dating app should I be upset?

I broke up with my ex of 2 years on Tuesday of last week because of personal reasons and he seemed to be really upset, but on Friday night we talked it out and came to the agreement that we would just wait it out and see if maybe we would be more ready in the future to be with each other. He told me that his friends had him download this dating app earlier that day just to see if he could get his mind off of me, and even though it upset me I just said okay well whatever you need to do is fine. Well of course I was kind of paranoid about it so my friend made a fake account to see his profile and since Friday he is constantly on. We aren't always checking, but every single time we do check, he is either online or recently online. I can't understand how he can go from so upset over the breakup to talking to other girls like this so quickly. He was never the type to use dating apps or social media at all, so his actions really surprise me. I think what hurts the most is that I'm not even ready to move on, in fact, I was even thinking I made the wrong decision when I left him. So what I wanna know is should I be upset that he's constantly on that app or should I just ignore it? We discussed waiting and seeing if later we could work out, so I don't know what he's looking for. (He's also not one to sleep around, I was actually his first)

45

Most Helpful Guy

• You broke up with him, you don't have the right to be upset for what he's doing.
    I hate when girls break up and expect the guy to be all upset and crying for them, and when he doesn't, she's mad at him.
    No, you were thee one to break up, deal with the consequences. If you didn't wanna break up, you should have thought it through. If you did wanna break up, then just move on.
    You can't just break up with the guy whenever you're having a rough day and then regret and get back with him.

He's looking for someone else, and he's doing this because you broke up with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• People have different ways of dealing with breakups. Maybe he is trying something new. However you broke it off why do you even care what he's doing (not trying to sound harsh but you sound like you need to move on if that's what you wanted). He has all right to do whatever it takes to heal and at this stage maybe he just wants someone to spend time with as a buffer to take his mind off you - men and women do different things to heal. It gets confusing for anyone when you break up with them and then don't want to move on but you want to wait and see what happens, Nope, make up your mind and either work it out or keep walking. He is in his right to do as he pleases at this stage no matter how he feels or what he may be saying to appease you.

What Guys Said 4

• You left him. Why are you expecting him to wait on you now? Maybe by leaving him, you opened his eyes to other things.

• U broke up with him? What do you want him to do, wait around forever? No, don't be selfish.

• How could he move on so soon you said two years broken up? Sounds like a hurt ego

• Being upset for what?

What Girls Said 3

• It's obvious that he's trying to move on too by talking to other girls, getting his mind off of you. You can't go from upset over the breakup to totally fine in just a week. We all know that these kinds of sites rarely works. I understand that you are paranoid about it, I would be too. You left him and now you regret it, that happened to me too and I told him I wanted him back and that I missed him a lot. It worked for me so, give it a shot! What do you have to lose? Your ego, pride, maybe? Who cares... you two have been sharing your lives for 2 years. Tell him you made a mistake and explain yourself. He can't move on from a 2 years relationship in just a week. It's impossible.

• Well if he ain't the type tp sleep around he is now... I think his friends are influencing him big time and you should definitely be mad

• Boooo, she dumped him , wtf? She has no right to have an opinion on what his business is now

• you should leave him!