What is a good time frame to start dating again after an ex broke-up with you?

I was recently in a 10 year relationship with my g/f. Long story short it did'nt work out. I have a kid to her, both good parents. It's been 3-4 weeks, child support already in play. I call her up about items to buy for my daughter, b/d Christmas etc... She starts crying and I know she wants to be a family, but our relationship was a little toxic. We both love each other, and I want her to be happy in every aspect. Should I wait a little longer and work on myself. I don't want to go through the process of getting a new place, change address start a new life and than 6 months to a year, not knowing it's going to work. Or should I swallow the hurt and move on eventually. I'm 33 and starting this single life nowadays. I would'nt know where to start, since i'm so caught up in work. Any advice from all ladies or whatever would be appreciated. Thank You

• Stick it out a while longer & see if she's moved on?
  • Move on for myself and my child?

83

Most Helpful Girl

• Being you Both do have a child together and it seems she loves you as well, I think you both should get together and try to compromise and get on the same page, knowing that everything is in the Midst of transpiring and becoming a house divided and No Reuniting. I realize this may have already been done but somehow in time maybe you both just need to do some more soul searching.
    You love one another but for some reason this 'Toxic' relationship Isn't working so something is Not being applied here, dear. Perhaps if you changed some things and she did likewise, it could be better with a bit more nursing and nurturing.
    Space for now with being single may help in this situation that needs to be applied with kids gloves. Don't jump from the fryer into the fire so fast and if you decide you are ever going to date someday, should this relationship Never really work out, then do baby steps no matter what you do or where you turn to for a shoulder to lean on.
    You have a child and every other woman will know it. Just Know too that extra love bug baggage is hard to handle with another who many times cannot accept you both.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• May I ask what made your relationship toxic?

What Girls Said 7

• Fix the toxins with outside help
    Live close to each other but not in same house/apt.
    Goal #1 - Focus on child, making life as normal as possible
    Make friendship goal #2
    Goal #3 - forget about me/myself/I... both of you
    Contract a year in this quest & for those house/apt leases

• Move on and work on you. I think a casual fling would be good to rebuild your confidence, just be clear with any one you take to bed about your intentions. Do not try to date or find anyone else right now. Try to regain some sort of routine and stability for you as a single man, see where your life is and where you stand in a few months, see how you feel about it then.

• It depends. If she treated you terribly and broke up with you, move on. If she treated you great (showing you how much she loves you) and you broke up with her, she should move on.

Basically if you was a bad boyfriend you should suffer. Sounds mean but YOU was the bad boyfriend here

But that's just my opinion. I wonna know what made it toxic. Is it her fault, yours? You didn't say

• Sometimes love is NOT enough... move on. A self identified toxic relationship is mark of doom. You are making a good choice not to stay

• Moving on doesn't mean you have to date. 3-4 weeks is too soon to start dating. If you date too soon women will think you are looking for a rebound

• Move on. What more can you do but move on?

• you should move on now.

What Guys Said 2

• maybe show a kind heart and work through your differences !

• Immediately. get out there, get over her.