Is it Weird to Feel Relieved after a Breakup?

I just had my boyfriend breakup with me in a very non direct way. Actually I made him do it. I reply late , I point at the things I hate that he does , I never call him or text him , I'm never cheerful or happy around him. I never reply when he says he loves me , because it's been a freaking month since we started dating !
I know this all sounds like I"m being a bitch and him being the victim but believe me you have no idea what I've put up with while I was with him , he's unsupportive, self-centered ( obviously a good-looking guy) , selfish , awkward and insensitive. Made fun of my dead pet they day it died even though I told him it wasn't okay.
Was it the right decision to make or was I acting like a Bitch?

Thank you !

1111

Most Helpful Guy

• You did what needed to be done cause by the sounds of things it would continue to get worst and no person needs to be abused in any relationship and for any person to laugh at a decease pet they aren't worth your time of the day but you do deserve better and you will find that one who will sweep you off your feet.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have Openly Said that 'You have no idea what I've put up with while I was with him.' and rather put an end to the madness, you Enabled him to Continue by Not saying something to his face, Instead of putting Both of you in this Certain... Case.
    Learn a little lesson in life and in love, should someone the next time comes around. If you are unhappy with him and don't like the dog gone things he is picking a bone over with you, either get on the same page and learn to compromise or just lay it on the fine line that this Time... I am Not going through this 'Bitch ditch' thing again, my friend.
    You got rid of the Flea but 'Acting like a bitch' wasn't exactly the way to go about it. Open lines of convo was the best path to take to give this pup his walking papers. It's almost like a dog without a puppy pad who needs to put an end to a waste on the floor and more.
    Good luck. xx

• Yes ! I've learned a lot from this !
      Thank you for your advice :)

• Thank you, sweetie, for the upvote. xxoo

• Oh, so welcome, and so happy you are relieved.. I know what a weight it is OFF of your shoulders and now you can live more comfortably and happily. xxoo

What Guys Said 10

• If you are feeling this much relieved, the chances are you were in a wrong relationship to begin with.

Since it's behind you and you no longer have to bother with the issues that were driving you crazy, you feel relieved.

I was relieved when I dropped my Ex-Ex Girlfriend, she was not only treating me poorly, but it also felt like she wasn't over her Ex and was dragging me along in the process while trying to get over him, I dropped her and months later, she came back saying sorry to test the waters with me.

I Of course did not respond and she made her friend contact me, long story short I ended up blocking them both and looking back, I'm glad I didn't end up with her in the long run and it was the right decision too.

• uhm you should never stop being yourself regardless of how people act ! its a way harder punishment for him, realizing he treated a nice person as shit, then breaking up with someone who looks like a bitch !

• bag the tosser

well played

• He just did xD
      Thank you !

• of course I do :v
      Just walk away xD nice and slow !

• :( hahaha

• I'm glad you made it out of that war zone ! You're too good for scum like him !
    Yes you were a bitch but you were bitching the right way !

Cheers !! hahahahaha~

• "Is it Weird to Feel Relieved after a Breakup?"

...

I don't know how to answer this question without pointing out the fact that you had a reason to break up and feel relieved afterwards

• It sounds like you did the right thing, my ex was actually relived when she broke up with me.. but she said I didn't treat her bad anything.. I think she was just starting to get stressed out.

• u did the right thing. he sounds like a dick.

• I sure hope so !
      thank you !

• It's fine, he's treating you like that. It means that the relationship ur in is rather one sided. Now that you didn't have to deal with him you'll be able to do things you want without him ever there to annoy you again. (>••)>

• it was the right if ur not happpy f*** him

• So why are you friends on the first place?

What Girls Said 10

• Relationships are sometimes more hassle than they're worth. I've felt so relieved after a break up because the drama and stress just took it out of me and it just became more of a burden than a happy experience. Welcome back to single life! 💘

• I don't think it's weird to feel relieved at all considering the details you've mentioned. It sounds like your wings were clipped with him. <3 Sometimes acting like a b*tch is a natural response depending on what someone has said or done.

• Thank you !
      I guess there is nothing wrong with being a bitch sometimes.

• No, you did the right thing. No matter how good-looking, if he has an "ugly" heart, he'll never be worth it.

• More like an idiot... dense too.
      I hope he finds someone he can actually relate too , something mutual.

Thank you

• UM, WE'RE ALL BITCHES. GIRL, REP PRE SENTTT. You made the damn right decision you decided to drop his (obviously good-looking) ass. :")

• you made the right decision. it's normal to feel relieved after a breakup. you obviously weren't happy and you had to do what was right for you, so you did. since you weren't happy you felt relieved that you don't have to deal with him anymore.
    it's totally fine.

• No I wasn't ^_^ I feel free now :)
      thank you !

• you're welcome! i'm glad you're not feeling trapped anymore!

• Not weird to feel relieved, but the way you handled it was pretty immature. If you didn't want to date him anymore you should have broken up with him, rather than just go all "shitty girlfriend" on him. It's easier for everyone to just be honest.

• I know ! I was, wasn't I? I just couldn't do it. I didn't have it in me. He made everything hard. even breaking up was hard... *sigh* .
      It is good to be honest. maybe I wanted him to change. I just set there watching looking for something different. but nothing changed and he wasn't a patient Guy now was he? he doesn't know what to say and when to say it.

Thank you.

• You shouldn't be with someone that is that insensitive!! There may have been better ways to do it but i think you are better off alone.. Give him space and appologize for the way you acted but make sure he knows your reasons for doing so

• I did I had a long talk with him. and I appologized for the way I acted and I made it clear that we can't be together not now not ever. He understood and I wished him luck.

• Maybe not?
    What feels good:
    stop hitting yourself with a rock
    resting after running 7 miles
    cold mint iced tea on the porch when 100F + 95%rh outside
    pulling out a thorn from foot
    steak & potatoes after a 24hr fast

Any of those similar to your relief?
    Then it's simply a normal cause/effect feeling.

• that's exactly how I feel ! xD

Thank you !

• Often we are grumpy = erecting a sign to leave us alone until we feel better (often a results of what THEY are doing)
      which may escalate to being a bitch when the sign is not being honored
      much like people not hearing us at normal speech tones so we begin to yell

• Ah you're the dead pet girl. You're complained about him before on here. It's right he left you. It's the best for both of you. He doesn't sound like a nice guy.

• OMG xD I'm !
      I hope he meets someone he can actually get along with !
      thank you !

• I hope he doesn't meet anyone with pets or anyone that needs his sympathy and support. She won't get that from this guy...

You deserve better.

• not weird and it was the right thing to do!

• I guess... I wouldn't want to drag him along.
      thank you !