How to get what I want after an ex reappears?

I want an apology, I want him to take responsibility for his actions in the breakup. He was so cold and mean to me when all I wanted to do was love him. He left me and broke up with me over the phone.. Refused to look me in the eye and tell me to my face. Now he's back, asking me all these questions like nothing ever happened. I have to admit, it feels good to talk to him again after months no contact but something deep deep down inside is still hurting with the way he handled me and our relationship. I want an apology and explaination! How do I get it without running him away?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• You may never get it... you need to be prepared for that. But if he is back you can just ask him straight up "Before we continue our friendship, I need to understand why you did what you did." Then it is up to him to man up. If he doesn't move on. If he does then you see what happens from there.

What Guys Said 5

• Everything has a price, you decide how much your worth. Judge the situation and like any type of conversation, you use an opening sentence to crack open the topic

• That's the first thing you should've did when you guys got back in contact. Now he'll feel that everythings good but he doesn't know you're still hurt. Tell him you want an apology in person, not over the phone. If he walks away from it, then he's too much of a bitch to admit his wrongs.

• Unrealistic want; you won't get it, move on.

• Better than a text, right?

• You people are so gullible and hard up, you want apology from a ex
    hell a ex is ex for reason when will people wake up?

What Girls Said 5

• Simple. Ignore him. :) Ignore him, don't respond to anything he says, let him talk to himself while he tries to speak to you. He will sink so far into his guilt that an apology is the only thing seeming to help get him out.

• Get a mutually trusted friend to get it.

• Just ask him for a talk. Sit down a deep talk with him, tell your feelings and show him that you trust him.

• Show him you love yourself more than you do him. And then dump him without telling him why and date someone who doesn't suck cheeseballs. Honestly, in my opinion this guy sounds like he makes getting hit by a car more appealing than dating him lol. Either way, my originally advice still stands.

• It's crazy when you feel entitled. Change that mind set. You don't need an apology. It is what it is. You need to forgive him for your own sake in order to move on. He could apologize till he's blue in the face, it won't change the ducked up shit he's done. You just got to move on and forget that part with him ever existed.