Will my ex miss me/regret the relationship?

Towards the end of our relationship (9 months), he got really nasty and said some mean things to me. We first broke up for a month at the 7-month mark and he said pretty mean things to me then to. He said, 'he didn't care about me, he didn't care if I say other guys, and he just basically didn't care'. It was stupid to get back together with him but I was too heartbroken. The next two months were very rocky, with him being distant and saying hurtful things to me. He trashtalked about me to his friends when we were broken up so they started being disrespectfal of me. I brought it up and he started getting defensive, never doing anything to help me feel better. After a while, I couldn't take it anymore so I broke up with him but all he said was 'ok, I was thinking of the same thing anyways'. I tried texting him the other day, and all his replies were one worded. I'm bitter and pretty sad about what happened, and was wondering if he meant all those hurtful comments he said to me. I was also wondering if he would ever get a wake up call and realize that he was treating me badly?

62

Most Helpful Guy

• Some hard advice... Move on. Deep down he knows he is an ass, but he probably isn't going to tell you. So quit (and that is easier said than done) wasting your emotions on him and move on to someone that wants you.

Most Helpful Girl

• He knows he treated you badly.

But does that stop people that are mean spirited from doing so? The answer is no.
    I'm sorry you were hurt but you have to let the past be the past and move forward.
    Someone that truly cares for you would never do the things he did.
    You have to eliminate him from your life completely.
    Stop texting him!
    What you want from him... and what he can give you are two different things.
    When you realize the difference then it will be easier to let go.
    He'll never be able to give you what you want, those shoes are way too big for him to fill.
    You deserve better.
    You towards the future and not back.

"Will my ex miss/regret the relationship?"
    Based on his actions, I don't think he will. For someone to regret they have to realize they were wrong. He knows he is... but it doesn't affect him in any way. Because of that he is less likely to miss or regret the things he did.

What Guys Said 1

• Forget him, Get a dog.

What Girls Said 5

• It sounded as though with all of his hurtful Hymns and haws that he didn't have any Respect for you, nor cared enough to really give it his best and Now... He is probably feeling it's better that you both are not together so he doesn't have to continue this full circle problem pattern of Keeping it going and flowing.
    People like this loser have no consciousness, they are too self centered and only think of themselves. He is free now, he is feeling Great about that.
    However, I will be fair when I say, that there could come a day, when he is Missing the Kissing and just being able to be himself with someone who accepted his demon ways Unconditionally. No one will put up with him like you and he will see That at least.
    Good luck. xx

• It sounds like you want closure, and sometimes, we don't get that, and just need to move on. I'm sure you love this guy, but in moments of weakness, remind yourself of why you left him, and force yourself to be strong, because breakups aren't easy. Also, consider keeping a journal. Writing out my thoughts helped me out a lot when I was trying to get over my ex, and find my own form of closure. Also, remind yourself that you don't want him back. He doesn't sound like a good guy, at least not in relationships. Never let an old flame burn you twice.

• Always remember: karma never loses an address. :)

• he probably will never care.

• can I be honest here... seems to me he is basically ano immature piece of shit... he basically insulted his girl in front of his mates... I mean.. only a dick can do such a thing... a good guy will never do that... such dicks never think of anyone but they themselves only... forget his stupid face and move on... don't care if he will or not think of you or regret about something... he is a dick... probably he already making some other girl's life hell... idiot... fella