Relationship Advice?

My boyfriend left me for another girl, and didn't even tell me (he's in the military) he just stopped talking to me one day, then told me over text that he met someone else. How do I get him back? :( I just can't seem to get over him no matter how hard I try!

117

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would you want to get him back when he doesn't want to be with you? What would that be like?

• I still love him though! We were together for more than a year some being long distance,

• A relationship requires more than one-sided love to work. It requires both partners having love, trust, and respect for the other.

Most Helpful Girl

• What a jerk! The nerve he has to send it through text message even! Some men are absolute pigs. Anyway, I know this is a really hard situation to be in, and I can only feel empathy for you now. That's really sad, and if you were with him for a while that is even harder. I normally tell people, just get over him, he's not worth it but that isn't what you are looking for, so I'm going to tell you my honest opinion on this one.

For one, if he does that he really doesn't deserve you.
    For two, it will be very difficult to get over, you loved him more than words could ever define.

However, time will only tell. So take all the time you need to mourn over this loss. It will start hurting a lot less if you keep yourself busy and occupied, and you may never forget him because you probably had so much to give and he took it all away but don't even for a second believe that you are completely worthless or that you're not beautiful just because he left you for another girl because honey, you are not worthless and you are beautiful.

Go out and have some fun with friends! Don't let losing him be a drag because sometimes, the guy only gets the satisfaction of seeing you fall down. <3

What Guys Said 6

• Millitary guys are assholes, they join so they can impress women and have valor and become an instant hero. This only applies in times of war, but those who join the military in times of peace are invested in being a force for peace; those who join in times of war are a force for war.

Child of an Airforce Vet and wasn't able to join due to a war existing my entire adult life.

• Your having a hard time getting over him, because he initiated the break up and you still had feelings for him. I would suggest dating someone else. Sometimes the reverse psychology of him seeing you with another guy will make him think about what he lost. Either way, you can't force him to love you. Many guys when they are young have that "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome.

• I hate to tell you, really. But you don't WANT him back. he's gone and it hurts and it feels like the pain won't go away. But seriously... Fuck that guy. If he just left you then he didn't care about the relationship nearly as much as you did.

• Personal growth. There must be something about you that is unattractive.

Or it's just looks and there's nothing you can do about it.

• You will hurt for a few months. Call me if you need a rebound, cuddle, and comfort. That's better then him betraying you unless you would settle for polygamy.

• Well, in these confrontations are necessary. Texting someone to break it off is immoral.

What Girls Said 10

• You only want him back because it protects you from the pain you are feeling now. Not because you love that coward. The best thing you can do is focus on yourself and being happy with who you are. This takes a lot of time, but it's worth it in the end. This guy may eventually regret what he's done, but whatever you do, just move forward and forget about that loser. You're way better off... one day you'll meet someone great.

• Why would you try to get someone back that has moved on?

Your hoping on something that would never happen.
    Have some respect for yourself!
    Realize that you deserve sooooo much better than what he gave you.

He didn't respect you enough to even give you a proper break up.
    *Hugs*
    One thing you can walk away with is your pride and dignity.

• he's probably going to be in the military for a long time. do you really think he wouldn't cheat on your again?

how many times would he have to cheat on you for you to finally realize he isn't worth your time?

the dude is a loser. consider this a blessing.

It sucks - I've been cheated on, too. it gets easier and love gets sooo much better.

• Hi dear i read your comment and i know how you feel now because i have passed through this same way with my boyfriend and i was so depressed but am happy now we are back together today there are some advice i would have to give you to take and it will surely work out for you i want you to email me on my private email so we can talk better and tell you what to do. this is my email address mccartkatty@gmail. com i will be waiting for your mail ok

• I know at this moment you feel Like you just can't get over him but if he left you just like that and made it easy to let you go and didn't even have the face to tell you that in person he is just not worth it. You might love him and all that but you should not look for him or try to get him back when he clearly left you by the way he is not the only guy I'm the world lol go enjoy your single life and meet new people that won't hurt.

• Im in the same boat. If you figure it out can you let me know? :/

• Ahh you should be moving on... Not wanting him back. Sorry... One day you will get over him, it's hard not you can do it.

• You don't want him back. Anyone who would just drop you like that is not worth your time and energy because clearly to them you're not worth their time and energy.

• if he left you and didn't bother to tell you directly, why would you try getting him back? you're hurting yourself by doing that actually

• just give it time.