What does a "break" mean?

I've never been on a break with someone, either i ended it or he ended it. I'm a junior in high school and he's about to leave for college out of state.

Since he was leaving so soon some things happened in August and we realized it would be easier for both of us if we started to drift just so the change wouldn't be so drastic when he left. he wanted me to end things with him but i couldnt, i wanted him to do it. he wouldn't end it with me either. that night we told eachother we love eachother for the first time.

but one night he texted me and said "it's a break for now i'm figuring things out". its September and i dont know if i reach out to him to see how he feels now, he kinda just left me hanging. we haven't spoken since that night, but he always views my snapchat stories (he never uses snapchat) and we see eachothers subtweets on twitter.

what do you think he meant? was that him ending it or is it a break? wtf is a break? :(

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• When you question what a "break" is, it normally means what he says. He needs to sort things out for himself. He needs time to realize what he needs to do, and is giving you an option of figuring out what you should do too. It does not necessarily mean it is a bad thing. Sometimes, it will work out in the end, other times it is just a matter of time and patience. With college on his mind, there is much figuring out to do. If you say he views your snapchat stories but never gets on snapchat then that could be sign that he is checking in on you and seeing how well you are handling this sudden change. For now, I say just give him time. If he comes around, okay, if not then what I would do is focus on my own studies and make a brighter future for myself.

• a break is supposed to be when you break up for a while then get back togehter, but most people never actually get back together.

• do you think i should talk to him because i need some closure or should i just leave it at this?