Guys, do you think he wants to be friends or not?

I dated a guy fo almost 2 years. But before we dated, we were best friends for about 4. I thought we were pretty good together until one day he decided our relationship wasn't what he wanted anymore. I said fine, no hard feelings and we both decided we would stay friends since we couldn't just cut each other out of our lives. It's been 4 months since we broke up and 2 months since the last time we talked. When i try to talk, he won't answer me. I'm so confused. Do you think he just wants some more space to adjust to the breakup or do you think he doesn't even want me as a friend since we're not together?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• If you truly like your partner, "let's stay friends" has some emotional appeal to it and it eases a little bit of the pain of a breakup. (I know he did he breaking up but hat doesn't mean that he doesn't feel any pain because of it.) However, it is an extremely difficult thing to do, primarily because one person usually wants to try to get the relationship back together. Any they may be vey subtle or coy in their efforts to make that happen.

What Guys Said 4

• It's either that he just needs more time to feel its an actual break up before resuming as friends or he never wants to see you again.
    I don't know which.

• You should ask him, tell him that you really liked him as a friend and that you trust him, therefore you don't wanna lose him as a friend 😄👍

• Ex's cannot be "just friends". It just doesn't work

• Try your best to move on... if he was ever yours he will come back. Learn to be your best person. Try to be the girl he would be STUPID not to come back to. And if he doesn't, then he was never worth your time in the first place. And by that i dont mean be what HE wants you to be, be who YOU want to be. You should never be someone that someone else wants you to be. If he ever loved you for you he will come back. If not like i said, he wasn't worth your time pain or tears