Do what makes you happy today, good advice?

I was having doubts about me and my boyfriend and I broke up with him after 2 years of being together. Committment scares me and sometimes I wondered if we really were meant for each other or if someone else out there was waiting for me or what would happen, and it got to a point the other day where I just told him I needed time to figure myself out and see what I wanted. Of course that hurt him, especially since this wasn't the first time I talked to him about that, but I was lucky enough that he still continued and continues to talk to me as a friend. I love him a lot, and even though I'm unsure of our future together I miss him so much, and talking to him every day is fun, but it's just not the same as being with him. When I was younger, about 15, my aunt told me to do what makes you happy at the moment (as far as dating goes), and that the rest would fall into place. She said there was no point in worrying about the future (relationship wise), because whatever is meant to happen will happen, and if we spend all of our time worrying about the future we will never be happy, only concerned.
The relationship she was giving me advice about at the time ended eventually, and even though it hurt when it ended, I knew it was the right time. At this point in time I don't feel like it's the right time for us to be apart, and I dont even know if we were ever meant to break up at all. Part of me wants to go out and see what's out there, part of me wants to just be single and spend more time discovering myself, and the other part of me (the biggest part) is afraid to lose the love of my life over just being concerned. I want to be wise, but I also want to be happy. Me and him talked and he said that he would want to get back together because he loves me so much, but that he would need to know that I was sure he was what I wanted. I dont want to risk hurting him again and I also don't want to risk losing him forever.
What should I do?

01

What Guys Said 1

• "I was having doubts about me and my boyfriend and I broke up with him after 2 years of being together. "

^wot was da main reason it happened then?

"Committment scares me and sometimes I wondered if we really were meant for each other or if someone else out there was waiting for me or what would happen, and it got to a point the other day where I just told him I needed time to figure myself out and see what I wanted."

^i see... seems like reason was u weren't fully ready to commit to him... was it happenin wid other guys u used to date in da past as well?

"Of course that hurt him, especially since this wasn't the first time I talked to him about that, but I was lucky enough that he still continued and continues to talk to me as a friend."

^so now u r supposed to be just friends i assume? ;)

"I love him a lot, and even though I'm unsure of our future together I miss him so much, and talking to him every day is fun, but it's just not the same as being with him. "

^yet u consider givin him another chance once u r sure about commitin or not... right?

"She said there was no point in worrying about the future (relationship wise), because whatever is meant to happen will happen"

^not always... it doesn't always depend on u u know... ;)

" and even though it hurt when it ended, I knew it was the right time. "

^but wid yer current guy... things might be different u know since they r 2 different people...

"At this point in time I don't feel like it's the right time for us to be apart, and I dont even know if we were ever meant to break up at all."

^i believe if u NEVER had any fights... then ya u were never meant to break up at all i believe...

"Part of me wants to go out and see what's out there, part of me wants to just be single and spend more time discovering myself, and the other part of me (the biggest part) is afraid to lose the love of my life over just being concerned."

^if i was u... i'd just go wid part III... widout a 2nd thought... ;)

"I want to be wise, but I also want to be happy. Me and him talked and he said that he would want to get back together because he loves me so much, but that he would need to know that I was sure he was what I wanted."

^see? there's no reason to have 2nd thoughts in my opinion... :)

"I dont want to risk hurting him again and I also don't want to risk losing him forever.
    What should I do? "

^definetely get back to him... otherwise maybe u r gonna lose him forever... ;)

• but of course... it's up to u to choose and only... :)

What Girls Said 0