Why does he keep leaving me?

My ex boyfriend walks in and out of my life constantly. The first time we dated for 6 months before he decided he didn't want me anymore. 4 months later he came back and we dated again for 2 months. Then he left and came back 2 months later. We dated for 3 months. Recently he decided he was leaving again. The second time he came around he told me that the reason he left was because he's scared of commitment, but then why come back a 3rd time if he knew he was just going to leave again? I treat him the best I possibly can. I always put so much effort into him and I'm very loyal. We were both each other's first kiss, and first everything sexual beyond that point as well. I spoil him more than he spoils me. I love surprising him with random gifts. I make him feel appreciated every second of every day. I try to do anything I possible can to make him smile. He knows I would do anything for him. He always told me how much he loves the effort I put in. If he has a good girl who loves him, why does he keep leaving if he ends up coming back anyways?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• Three Strikes and he is now OUT, @Luvbug78. He has Proven Again and Again his true colors and this zebra will Never change his silly stripes.
    He has told you, shown you, he doesn't want to be hooked at the hip and with no hymning nor hawing, he is doing this Full circle problem pattern that will never end, my friend, no matter how many times he comes back. He always makes lame duck excuses for leaving.
    You are this Enabler for him to Continue down a Boyish beaten path. You are kind, loyal and do too much for this fickle pickle and he just turns around at every heart beat, and pulls a not so Nice Koshore act on you.
    Forget him. Do not take him back. He will only go back to the "Way we were" and stab you in The... Back.
    His cold feet go with his cold demeanor.
    Good luck. xx

• So you think he'll keep coming back and leaving me again for as long as I let him?

• I think if you get tired enough of the patter, you will move on, but you are not tired enough of it yet... and maybe too, another could come along with another song and put his own lights out. xxoo

• Thank you, @Luvbug78, for the Vote of Confidence.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 1

• because you give him the right to do so

What Girls Said 5

• He keeps leaving because he's not ready for commitment. He said so himself. Now think about it this way... would some who truly cares about another person do something like that to them? He obviously knows that he hurts you every time he walks out on you but that doesn't seem to stop him. His lack of respect to you is pretty clear and I do not get why you'd take someone back again who plays with you like a toy. You need to realize you deserve tons better and stick to it. This guy doesn't sound like a decent guy to me.

• It's just so hard for me to not let him that I think oh maybe next time he won't come back and I can move on. But he always comes back and I can't move on

• @Asker

You are making it hard on yourself for. allowing someone to mess around with you. This could have been avoided if you never allowed him back first time around.

• the bigger question is why do you keep going back to him?

• do not be any man's half-time, down-time, spare-time, or sometimes. he has a lack of respect for you and make a bold point by not going back to him to show that you don't need him. i have a friend whose boyfriend has cheated on her five times and yet she goes back to him dont be that girl and she has dumped every friend that has something bad to say about her boyfriend

• because he knows you'll take him back , your letting him eat his cake and eat it to.

• Maybe he leaves when he thinks he found someone better but when it doesn't work out, he comes back to you. Some guys are stupid to not realize that they have someone special until it's too late. He comes back to you because he already knows that you'll take him back but there is going to be a time when you're just going to have to stand up for yourself and say that enough is enough. He may have been your first and I know that is very special. But there's a limit to where he's taking advantage of you and your feelings which is not ok to do. No girl should be going through this childish game because it's making you confused and probably question every single little thing. Relationships work both ways, you shouldn't be the only one putting in the effort.

• Don't allow him back again the fourth time... end it now... he is a confused dude... can't make a decision of any kind... just imagine he came back... you got engaged and married... he leaves after that... what will be your situation then... put a stop to it... girls are not toys... to be played with... don't love him so much when he doesn't reciprocate your feelings honey... take care.