What is the best way to break up in a long distance relationship?

We started dating in Tennessee for 4 months before we moved in together; now we live in 2 separate states. She wanted to break up earlier and was being insulting to me, but changed her mind.

63

Most Helpful Girl

• I, @Dcman, probably know more about LDR than anyone on GAG. I still have a husband out in Egypt whom I am hoping will divorce me now because we Breakup and Makeup all of the time and with me Not having gone back in a long while to be with him, I feel it is Best for both of us.
    Just tell her you feel that LDR is not for you right now. Tell her you feel that with being in different states, it might be best for you both jus to go about your own lives now but maybe be friends instead.
    This sounds like a Full circle problem pattern that will just continue.
    Good luck., xx

What Girls Said 5

• Write a letter, and or call once you are long gone

• I would say the best way is to straight up and tell her it's not working. Don't make it complicated.

• I would just call her and tell her..

• you sould just tell her that you can't do it anymore.

• Through text \o/

What Guys Said 3

• Block everywhere, change name and door locks. Are you open to dying your hair a different colour?

Jokes aside, how long exactly have you been dating for? The best way is preferably on cam. I wouldn't drive to her because she might get the wrong impression and she would end up devastated.

I am sure you have your reasons if you want to break up with her so I won't question you but please give it a good thinking because once you go that path there is go going back.

• We've been dating for a year and a half. We're going in different directions in life and we Harley talk anymore.

• Just break up. Just say "things aren't working out like I had hoped and I'm ready to go our separate ways."

There's no easy way to do it, so just do it.

• just call her and tell her its over