My boyfriend left me for another girl and it's killing me. What can help me get over it?

The worse thing is that he was my best friend and now I don't really have anyone to talk with about it. I feel betrayed and hurt.

75

Most Helpful Girl

• sweety don't listen to all this negative comments. Let me tell you my story...
    We've date for 2years and 4 months. at the beginning everything was going great! he was 15 and i was 18. then about a year after that , things has changed! He would start visiting his best chick friend, and he told me they will sit outside when hanging out, that turned out to be a lie! he would go to her house every second day during December holidays! never invited me with, and when i asked if i could join, he simply asked why, or he will say he'll be quick! my brother got seriously sick, he almost died, i asked my ex to go with me to the hosp to see my brother, he said its too cold he doesn't feel like driving on his bike. I told him my mom would pick us up and bring us back home... he still didn't want to , then 5 min after my mom picked me up, he texted me saying he is going over to her house, they r going to hang out. I knew something wasn't right, but if i asked him he would say he has a life too and i can't tell him where to go etc.

Then one day he went to school and i saw his old memory card , so I've put it in my phone and i saw videos which he made, when he used his phone to look under girls dresses X-X uhm ya so i asked him about it and he got upset that i went through it! During exams we wouldn't see each other during the week, only on weekends, then EVERY day he went 2 his best friend (the girl) house and he would stay there till late. I asked him if he wants to come drink coffee (i live 4 houses from her) and he would say "no ill see u this weekend" . the one night i really needed him, and i asked if he could come over, he said he is already in bed, then 10 min after that he told me he is going for a drive... guess where 2!

i was never allowed to dance with any other guy, but he never wanted to dance with me, or go eat something or g anywhere with me!!!

he was my best friend too, and all the friends i knew because of him, all dissed me!

But i promise you will get over him and meet real friends... after all the shit that had happened to me, i met a new best friend, and got engaged... our wedding is next year April

best of luck

What Guys Said 5

• You are childish and naive.

You could (A) ask if you can join them in bed or (B) forget about it.

One cannot make another person love you. You must accept that every relationship exists only as mutually agreeable. If someone doesn't like you at all or anymore, shrug your shoulders and don't worry about it. There is always someone else. Read that again, There is always someone else.

Beware that girls can be emotionally manipulated very easily. There is a physiological way to get a girl to fall for a guy and it really works. Once the girl has fallen for a guy, he can do anything he wants with her. Use your head, not your heart.

Also, don't even think of a lasting relationship with a guy until you are past 25, 27 being better.

• Childish and naive? I think that describes you there buddy - thinking that being upset about your boyfriend leaving you for another is some kind of overreaction.

She doesn't want to fuck them both you eejit, she wants her boyfriend back. Admittedly that isn't going to happen, or if it does it's probably not a good idea, but you are incredibly naive if you think being walked out on is easily solved.

• @GirlScout
      I gave my advice. It works.

• No it doesn't you arrogant and ignorant turnip. You're just spouting useless words at her that won't work.

No prize for you Mr!

• I am sorry to hear this. I would ay get together with some friends and have a girls night

• I'm sorry to hear that.

• This made my day.

• Kill her yeah

What Girls Said 6

• I know this hurts a lot :/ and is going to hurt for a while. You need to take this as a part of life.
    I suggest that you cut all contact with him, including social media, and give yourself time to get over this.

• I would pray, read a funny book, try talking to a good friend. They will tell you that he was a jerk, you are beautiful and will find some one better. Hugs

• Honestly, only time is going to help. I went through a break up last year and I was so lost and unfocused for weeks, even months. It was my first broken heart and it was completely unbearable. I know exactly how you're feeling right now and I'm telling you honestly that it will be okay, but not for awhile. You're going to want to cry and scream and punch the wall (and him) and you just have to let yourself feel things and remember that when you're older and your daughter feels like this, you want to know that you can sit there and tell her you were okay again and that you promise she will be too.

I promise you'll be okay. It'll take some time, but the best thing for you right now is spend time with your friends, do things you love, talk to boys! Don't do anything you'll regret, but just make friends with boys and realize that there's more boys you can fall in love with than just your ex.

I was heartbroken over my last relationship, I took a chance, and now I'm dating a boy I'm planning to spend forever with a year later who is 10x better than my ex could ever be. Trust me when I say just give it time and you'll meet the right guy and he'll make the old one completely irrelevant.

Keep your head up, girly :)

• oooooooouch! what a fuckhead. i know it hurts... you're a person with feelings, but he doesn't deserve you being upset over him. if he could do something this pathetic and underhanded then he isn't the person you thought he was and thus not the person that deserves any of your love.

• I want to testify of the good work of Dr Iyere, who helped me in achieving the thing i never thought i was going to have again. I was in a relationship for 3 years with a boy i believed he loved me more than anything in thing in the world after a while i noticed some changes in him things that he will not even notice he started nagging about them so i knew something was wrong i tried to please him in several was but yet no outcome. shortly i noticed he was seeing another girl i tried to make him understand that i loved him so much but he wouldn't even listen. one day i read a testimony on a similar case a person testifying of the work of this great Dr Iyere, even when i did not believe i was convinced by my friend so i contacted him and tried his method reluctantly surprisingly in less than one week my lover contacted me and till date we are still together happily married. so if you are going through a similar thing or you have a problem just contact him i guarantee you he will help you here is his email: (dr. iyere@hotmail. com) or call +2348059589187

• just give it time so you can move on.