We break up and he's been getting drunk and going to bars?

Is it normal? What does it mean that right after a break up or fight he goes drinking a lot!

35

Most Helpful Guy

• He goes out to drown his sorrows and distract himself. It's pretty normal.

When my relationship was on the rocks I'd go out for rocks or to a neighbourhood bar.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pretty sure you know what this means...
    He is drinking to compress his built up emotions.
    This isn't good... alcohol has it's way of letting the demons out one way or another.

I remember the one time I drank on emotion, I will never ever again.
    I became someone I was never that night.
    It was embarrassing and horrible.

Never drink to cover emotions.
    There comes a time where you will explode and whoever is in the mist of that , better watch out!

What Guys Said 4

• because he'd rather think about pretty much anything other than your relationship, and the bar is a good place to do that. chatting with friendly people and attractive girls makes it easier to get over whatever issues the two of you have. also, drinking is fun.

• He said I was his second. Do you think he is hooking up with people? Why would he say he'll wait for me to call him but do all that

• It's means he is in pain.

• Numbing the pain away with alcohol

• He wants you. Take care of him please.

• If he wanted me then he should have told the truth but no he Chose to lie

• What did he lie about?

What Girls Said 2

• Soaking his sorrows in the sauce.
    If he has been Known to drink but controlled it with you, then after this split, he may have gone on a bar binge and That could become a problem pattern down the fine wine line.
    Good luck. xx

• It's over, it really isn't any of your business what he is doing but yes, this is normal behaviour for so people. They want to go out and forget about all the shit in their lives. Getting drunk helps for a very short time.