No Contact For Almost 2 Months, & Then I Get This?

So, my last words to my ex were in letter form and basically stated, "We cannot date, be friends, or talk." I wrote him a letter because talking was not an option. Every time I tried to talk about an issue, then he would say, "Babe, do we really have to talk about this now." So, I would just let it go and it would fester inside me.

It was an off and on relationship for 3 years, and I finally had to let go. Each time I would leave to only to be reeled back in. This time I did it, and it was hard.

I received this 1st response from him a couple days ago . . . What does it mean if it means anything?

"Well there is a lot I would love to say but I will make this brief. After reading your letter over and over I didn’t know how to put my feelings on paper,but I would have loved to been able to talk about it.

I just want you to know that I’ll always have a place for you in my heart and I wish you all the best in 2010. Be safe tonight and have a Happy New Year."

11

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds a lot like my relationship. Except it's been nearly six months since we've communicated.. I wanted to text her at Christmas and then again on New Years, but I didn't. My pride wouldn't let me. I miss her, and think about her everyday. Sad thing is, I don't expect to ever hear from her again, since it's been this long.. I wish I could talk to her. She will always have a place in my heart too, and I haven't been the same since she left me...

• Did she break it off with you, or vice versus?? Did she try to talk to you in the past, and you just couldn't express yourself? Please tell me . . . I love him very much, but refuse to have any contact with him because he wouldn't lay the cards on the table. He used to say that he was bad with expressing himself, but there comes a point at which enough is enough. I'm not a magician, and I need to hear things.

• She broke it off with me.. We tried being "friends" and that didn't work because it was too recent. She was the one who had a hard time expressing herself and put the cards on the table. I always told her how I felt and she always knew how much I loved her.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like he never got his closure because he couldn't talk to you about it. It sounds like he misses you. If you think you're strong enough to hear what he has to say, strong enough to stand your ground if he tries to convince you to take him back, then you could probably respond with something like "oh. did you want to talk about it?". But if you know it won't help you any, you can either respond with a "happy new year" or don't respond at all.

• Yeah, I did that once before . . . I received a message along the lines of, "Since we stopped talking I haven't been able to sleep or move forward." I responded that we could sit down and talk about it. When we met it was me doing most of the talking. When it was his turn he didn't really have much to say. In response to his letter this time, I responded with, "Thank you for the holiday wishes . . . Happy New Year to you." That was it.