Is he likely to cheat again?? Guys opinions welcome!

I just recently got back together with my ex boyfriend. We were apart for several months, with both of us seeing other people during this time. He cheated on me when we dated before, that being the reason I ended things. But honestly, I truly loved him, but was scared of how I felt. I do not think this makes it OK for him to cheat.

He and I began talking while he was dating his last girlfriend. He told me he loved me and missed me and has not been happy since we broke up. Apparently, he dated this other girl for physical benefits.

We are now back together, and while I am very happy about this, I have become very scared. I am not a clingy, needy, girlfriend..And I don't want to be. But I have become very scared that he will cheat on my again. Should I address this with him, or should I see how things go. He has acknowledged that he messed things up last time...Help what should I do? And is he likely to cheat again?

1120

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say that the old saying "once a cheater, always a cheater" is mostly true. There's a 95% chance he will cheat on you again. If you want to play the odds in the hopes that the 5% chance he won't cheat is true, then that's up to you. But when it blows up in your face, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

What Guys Said 19

• If you love that man then forgive him, because if you don't it's only going to make you both unhappy. Another things is you should always talk to your man about your feeling, because we don't have a clue what's bothering you ladies if you never tell us. Don't wait until an argument to being up issues. Sit down with him and just talk with him and let him listen. Don't keep emotions bottled up, because that's really not fare for him, because he might think your feeling wonderful, and your really not. Communicate with your man.

Best Wishes

• Thank you for your response. I guess I forget that you guys sometimes need us to open up more. And that is a very good point about getting things out in the open before an argument happens.

Thank you again!

• You have talk to him very clearly that while being in a relationship with you, you expect him to be faithful to you and not see other girls.

Also, ask him to get counselling to cure his mental problems which led him to cheating.

• If he did it once, what makes you think he won't do it again. Besides he broke your trust. Move on he's not worth your time.

-Deathecutioner

• i actually just cheated on my girlfriend and we sat down and talked about it. one of the first things she said was she thinks ill do it again. but the way I feel now I can honestly say I NEVER will. I feel like complete sh*t and will never do this to her again.

u need to mention it to him and read his reaction and go on from there.

• If you forgive him then stay with him, but if you find yourself always wondering if he'll cheat again or what's he doing with other girls when I'm not around then you should just end it. You don't wanna always have those thoughts going through your head that'll just end up hurting the relationship anyway. I think he's likely to cheat again at some point.

• leave him I suggest. I been through that road...i know it hurts but not as much as I been through. I dated my ex for 3years and was loyal. all she think about is marraige. so we had a break for almost 2months but I miss her so much that I decide to tell her that I love her and willing to marry her. but next thing you know she went to get marry already. I was like wtf. so I recommend you to leave him, because once he cheat, he'll do it the second time. unless he prove me wrong.

• Impossible to know whether he will cheat again.

I think most guys who would cheat once, would cheat again.

Although... I cheated once. It cost me that relationship and broke my heart.

I learned the lesson, grew up and would never cheat again, now.

• If you keep worrying about it and stay distant, he is bound to cheat again. Treat him as if nothing happened, but don't be naive about things. If he hides his phone, acts suspicious around you, stutters, doesn't make eye contact while telling you something, something is the matter.

If he does cheat again, than you know to never give him a chance again.

• if he did it once he is surely gonna do it again, honestly put him on a test and see if he truly does love you cause guys can be assholes sometimes and just say they love you to get in your pants. for example go out with some of your guy friends and show him that not only he can cheat but you can cheat too and see what he thinks of that! remember KARMA IS A BITCH!

• People change over time.. but we are talking about years. He may become a better person down the track, but at the moment I think he likely to cheat on you again.. keep and eye open for any signs...

• Have you ever heard the saying, “Once you suck one c0ck you’re always a c0ck sucker?” Yeah, I think the same thing goes for cheating.

• You need to talk with him. He needs to know how you feel. You have the right to be cautious. He has the responsibility to make you feel at ease.

• If he can do it once...he can do it again, that is for sure. We can not keep an eye on someone all the time.

• Yes. He will do it. Story is sorry but true.

• serious answer is yes!

• this is a responsibility that belongs to him. He needs to somehow let you know that he gets it. That you're hurt over it and worried about a repeat. Tell him...be honest about your feelings with him and your trust issues. It will either work or it won't but at least you will have done your part in being straight up with him. If you love him and he's trying...then you give it 100% and make it work. If he seems to wave off the straight...then run and heal. You'll be okay.

• Man is a knot into which relationships are tied.

• yes he want to cheat you again for his physical benifits.i knw it because ita a boy's mentality to cheat some good gals like u.so plz be scarced nd trust u.byeeeeeee...

• once a cheater always a cheater.

What Girls Said 11

• No one can predict whether or not he will cheat again, but your worrying about it isn't healthy for your relationship. It will inevitably make you paranoid and may even push him to cheat. You need to sit down with him and clarify what you are seeking in this relationship, and if he isn't seeking the same things, you may want to reevaluate why it is you got back together with him. I know first-hand that both parties suffer extensively from the action of cheating. However, it's what's behind the action that needs to be discussed. Why did he cheat on you? Was there something missing the first time around that he sees now? Separation can lead to realization, but in his case, you're better to just ask.

• There is an old saying "once a cheater..." but I don't think we can or should pin that on every guy out there. Are the chances high that he will cheat again, probebly because you have forgiven him already once so he thinks he can get away with it again. He is about physical attraction, you state that when you mentioned his ex girlfriend, so who's to say he dosnt get tempted easily strickly based on physical attraction.

Going back into a relationship that has been compramised with cheating is going to be very tough on you cause in the back of your mind you are always going to wonder. your jealousy is going to increase 10 fold, and don't be suprised if you start the snooping thing...Give him the benefit of the doubt if you like, but if you find yourself turning into the clingy needy, jealous person your not, its probebly time to end the relationship.

• Wow....you just described how I have been feeling!! I have never been the jealous type, but all of the sudden I feel jealousand needy...both of which I hate!!! and yes, it is because I know what he is capable of.

thank you:)

• Just give the relationship a chance you are thinking too much, you have no control over what he will do in the future. When you start thinking negatively, negative things happen just let it flow, remember he is not the beginning and end of all things. Just Breathe life will take care of itself!

• Well, people always say "once a cheater always a cheater." But, I don't agree with that because I have been on the side of the cheater before. Sometimes people make really big mistakes and what really matters is how they own up to them in the ending. I think it is perfectly fine for you to address this situation with your partner, and if he truly loves you he will understand and be able to talk about things with you. Although it may be a little hard for him to do, you have the right to express how you feel on this otherwise you're just going to continue to be paranoid about the unknown. Talk to him and try to figure out why he did it, what he wasn't happy about, and who knows maybe it will help your bond to become even stronger in the long run. I think people can change; I know I did after what happened between my boyfriend and I. He just has to want to change. And if he doesn't, then you know he isn't worth it. Just be on your toes in a silent way, don't trust him completely at first but don't treat him like dirt either because that won't solve anything.

Good luck.

• It's really if you can trust him and your love is strong enough you'll be fine. But he wasn't happy the first time why would he be now?

• They always say, once a cheater, always a cheater.

But they also say everyone needs a a second chance.

The fact that he has admitted to it means that PERHAPS he really did realize he did something wrong. The worst thing you can do is become clingy, but IF you catch him again, break the cycle. No cheater deserves a 3rd chance. Not a one.

• In my opinion, he's likely to. Technically, didn't he cheat on this second girl for you? Another cheating incident right there. And since he "used her for her body" that can NOT be a good sign... I don't know him, but my opinion is a yes... He could do it again.

• Yes you are right! He was telling me he loved me for about 4 weeks before he broke up with her.

• That is not good at all. Talking from the other side... and I do happen to know the other side... It's very easy to be tempted. He's going to be tempted again someday. Good luck.

• dont listen to anything anyone says on here if its negative. Tell him how you feel, be good to him and if he says he wont, trust him. If he does do it again, deal with it then but don't think that he will, live your life one day at a time

• He is DEFINETLY likely to cheat again...sry to say tht but its the cold hard truth...just the fact tht he told you he still loved you while he was dating someone else is proof enough tht he's not going to b faithful 2 u

• Not all men that cheats once will do it again that's why as woman we need to be careful but if this man loves you he won't do it again

• If he cheated on you before break up with him because he's going to cheat again.