How do you end it with FWB?

How do you end it with your friends with benefits? I've recently started talking to a new guy who I really like and things are going great for us, he's super sweet to me, a gentlemen, just the perfect guy and that's not something I'm used to, so I want to break things off with my fuck buddy of 3 years. Is it acceptable to just text him, or should I not reply to his text messages/phone calls or does he deserve an explanation?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are really just friends with benefits, then a text is fine... but just to make it a clean cut give him an explanation that way he doesn't come dragging back around at a time that is bad for you

What Guys Said 7

• You sit down face to face and you just lay it on the table: I've loved this for what it is but I have a new love of my life (at least a prospect) and to pursue that in good faith, I need to be a completely free agent. I appreciate this may be hard to hear since we are good together in bed but we agreed at the beginning that it was about the sex. I''m sure you understand and I would hope that if our places were reversed you would expect me to be understanding and supportive.

• He deserves an explanation just call him and explain why. I hope he takes it well.

• Better to tell him in person than text, but if not at least phone him and end it with him there; give him a brief explanation and he'll understand.

• If you've been sleeping together for three years, tell him in person. He may very well be happy for you.

• Give him an explanation it's been going on for 3 years.

• Just tell them you found someone else.

• There's no reason to break it off, since you aren't serious with the new guy yet. Right now you're just sort of playing the field, having casual sex. Once you're ready for something serious with the new guy, then you can tell the friends with benefits that you've met someone

What Girls Said 1

• He deserves an explanation.